Toronto Ïce Condominiums at York Centre | 234.07m | 67s | Lanterra | a—A

I think Scott was referring to the wrong building. I (hope) think he means those fug condos on the south side of QQ next to the ferry docks that block the rest of the view of the skyline. If anything should be appropriated by the city and torn down, it's those things.

The QQ Terminal is one of the best buildings out there, and it immeasurably adds to the liveliness of the waterfront.

I think Scott was referring to the wrong building. I (hope) think he means those fug condos on the south side of QQ next to the ferry docks that block the rest of the view of the skyline. If anything should be appropriated by the city and torn down, it's those things.

Aren't those abominations called the World Trade Centre?

You're thinking of Harbour Square. WTC is at the NW corner of Yonge + Queen's Quay (with the big egg whisk on the corner), and isn't nearly as offensive unless you're phobic t/w PoMo-era Zeidler condoizing (if anything, it's the truer preview of all Harbourfront/Cityplace highrising to come--look down Yonge, you have to squint to realize that a generation separates Pinnacle from WTC)

They have cordoned off half of the Ice site, and there are at least 3 or 4 excavators, levelers, and/or dozers sitting dormant on the site; waiting patiently to get to work.

My friend lives in Infinity, and his condo overlooks the site. I'm not a huge picture guy, but I might as well take advantage of this vantage point.

Also, now half my parking is eliminated, which sucks, and soon, of course, it will all be gone. It was a great lot though! I've gotten 6 tickets and haven't paid one!

They have cordoned off half of the Ice site, and there are at least 3 or 4 excavators, levelers, and/or dozers sitting dormant on the site; waiting patiently to get to work.

My friend lives in Infinity, and his condo overlooks the site. I'm not a huge picture guy, but I might as well take advantage of this vantage point.

Also, now half my parking is eliminated, which sucks, and soon, of course, it will all be gone. It was a great lot though! I've gotten 6 tickets and haven't paid one!

Pics please

Harbour Square is 2000 units with an average selling price of around 300 grand. On top of that you can add 1000 hotel rooms. Again, I mean this with great respect but, someone is in need of a huge reality check. You would need to build an arcology to re-coop the 800 million needed just to clear the site.

Last edited:
From CanadianSkyScraper on SSC:

4541924101_546457ddc1.jpg

Construction is imminent.

I like Harbour Square too! There is also no denying the fact that is also extremely successful in both the resale market and happy long term owners.

Personally, I never liked the brutalist-like nature of Harbour Square on the outside, but on the inside they have neat, two floor condos that feel more like homes than the modern glass closets they are building these days.

Sorry for continuing this OT discussion on Harbour Square...

My only issue with HS are the massive above ground parking structures disconnecting Queen's Quay and the Lake. (Yes, I understand the issue of building even more underground parking on the 'fill', and at the time these were built a lot more parking was requried)

This one sucks...

This one is even worse. Mind you, at least there are the retail units that gives the street some life

Sorry for continuing this OT discussion on Harbour Square...

My only issue with HS are the massive above ground parking structures disconnecting Queen's Quay and the Lake. (Yes, I understand the issue of building even more underground parking on the 'fill', and at the time these were built a lot more parking was requried)

This one sucks...

This one is even worse. Mind you, at least there are the retail units that gives the street some life

I agree these suck. I think in the same vein as "Green Roofs" it should be mandated by the city that structures like this have hanging planter boxes on each level, with all kinds of plant life. They should start to resemble the hanging gardens of Babylon rather than bleak high-security prisons.

Back on topic... It's great to see construction equipment on site now at ICE

:D

Back