Toronto Ïce Condominiums at York Centre | 234.07m | 67s | Lanterra | a—A

Tower 2 occupancy is slated for June 2014 as per todays VIP event, by the way it was a jammed house today, my guess is 50 percent sold in one day. I got there at noon left at 10:15pm. The pre construction market is alive and kicking folks :D

that's very promising ... a real estate market driven entirely by investors and speculators ~ :rolleyes:

honestly, what % of purchasers acutally intend of living at ICE??

It makes me wonder that if they get enough sales quickly (like 90%) they might add more floors.:cool:. does anybody see that as a posibility??

It makes me wonder that if they get enough sales quickly (like 90%) they might add more floors.:cool:. does anybody see that as a posibility??

No, I dont think so, they know very well how much demand there is for this area and they already used all the available density to get the towers they have. They would have to apply for additional density and try to get planning and city council onside onside etc. I dont think its feasible. Actually they tried to transfer the office density to more codo density but the city refused.

didn't somebody here post that the first tower was being increased to 57 storeys?....maybe it was on SSC...(recent rumour)

No, I dont think so, they know very well how much demand there is for this area and they already used all the available density to get the towers they have. They would have to apply for additional density and try to get planning and city council onside onside etc. I dont think its feasible. Actually they tried to transfer the office density to more codo density but the city refused.

Yeah, but they can always get away with a minor variance of an extra 2-3 floors with no difficulty. There is already rumours floating around that Ice-1 is about to grow six extra meters.

Yeah, but they can always get away with a minor variance of an extra 2-3 floors with no difficulty. There is already rumours floating around that Ice-1 is about to grow six extra meters.

They/you can speculate all you want but the lack of a city document concerning the matter really disproves the theory until further investigation can confirm it will happen.

Yeah the city doc will be posted 2 years after approval. Bottom line the approvals were done for this site well before any city doc was published or even discussed with residents same goes for minor variances

Lanterra will get another 2 floors for burano.. Minor variance proposal is posted at the site.

I heard phase 2 is almost 75% sold. In one week.. The market has spoken

Last edited by a moderator:
I passed by Ice on my way to Union at about 1:30am, Tuesday night. To my surprise, I saw a small group of people being shown around the sales centre. Late night Flippers who flew in to Toronto just to sign-and-dash...or relatives of the janitor sneaking a peek?

That's good! I hope you are right...:)

He is .......

There is also a list of 40 agents that have to wait their turn in line on Tues for the general broker event. It is posted on a chair outside the sales office. Deals are being written up standing/on any hard surface, even my optimistic forecasts were blown out of the water this time. Who knows what the pricing will be for the next event, and then the pre registrants and grand opening events in late Nov. what will be left for them? Hope this info helps those who may want in:)

Back