Toronto Ïce Condominiums at York Centre | 234.07m | 67s | Lanterra | a—A

If this was happening 4 years from now, I would really consider buying a residence in this project. Only a higher floor though to eliminate the Gardiner.

Ice is second to only Ritz on my dream of bachelor dwellings. Maybe tied for second with L tower.

I know, I would love to get a nice unit on floor 40 or so! If only I had the money!

Construction on the "real" presentation centre has started

2809439267_9a252b0842_o.jpg

2810288100_2e63ec0e75_o.jpg

Hmm what are they digging now? Making a more solid model/sales office maybe?

How old is this parking lot now being dug up? Not that I am complaining, it just amazes me that the cost of constructing a lot can be recouped in such a short time. And if it can, why does anyone bother building anything?

How old is this parking lot now being dug up? Not that I am complaining, it just amazes me that the cost of constructing a lot can be recouped in such a short time. And if it can, why does anyone bother building anything?

say the average parking spot size is 10x20... or about 200sqft. At $500 per sqft, thats $100,000 worth of real estate per floor, or about $4,000,000 worth of real estate for a 40 storey building.

if the parking spot makes $20 a day, it would take about 10,000 years for them to make the same amount of money that they would make building a condo on it.

thats why people bother building anything.

Where was the parking lot on which so much of the action occurred in the recent novel 'Consolation' supposed to be?

Up until a few years back this was a dirt lot that was used for parking and it was also used for Infinity's sales centre. Funny thing is when the Infinity sales centre shut down they redid the lot adding pavement and drainage. A waste of money but I guess they didn't expect to develop it so soon.

Thanks. I guess it shouldn't be surprised considering a nine hole golf course was constructed on the site of City Place and it didn't last more than a few seasons.

You don't have to worry about rushing over too soon, the sales centre isn't even built yet.

Although they have already managed to sell about 2/3 of the units in the first phase (55s tower) in the temporary sales office/tent.

If memory serves me well, the main purpose of the lot (otherthan to make some money) was to satisfy city concerns over the loss of parking from the construction of Maple Leaf Square.

T ... CGM's aerial photo shows the old Infinity sales office back in 2004, right now there are only some holes dug into the parking lot on site ... my guess is the ICE sales office would be open by around November 2008 and will likely include a model suite (similar to what was done in the MLS sales office)

Back