Toronto Ïce Condominiums at York Centre | 234.07m | 67s | Lanterra | a—A

How about leaving Ice Condos as per the plan (including office tower) and demolish Infinity* and designate that land strictly as commercial. North of Bremner will be 18 York, and potentially a hotel/office tower on the Fairmont lands (between 18 York property and Simcoe St.) It will all be connected to PATH and (the formerly known as) 151 Front St.

* personal preference

Hey Marcus, I was always wondering what the city is planning to build North of Bremner between York and Simcoe St.

I know the 18 York Office tower is there but can you confirm if there really is going to be a hotel or another office tower there?

Does anyone else really know for that matter cause its probably the hottest piece of property in Toronto right now.

I'd like to see this lot used strictly for commercial... There is plenty of residential along Queens Quay and to the N, E and W... Having office towers connected directly to GO and TTC increases ridership... and everbody will benefit, drivers, commuters, tax payers and the enviroment (summer air quality)

Especially when it dies at 7pm. :rolleyes:

Hey Marcus, I was always wondering what the city is planning to build North of Bremner between York and Simcoe St.

I know the 18 York Office tower is there but can you confirm if there really is going to be a hotel or another office tower there?

Does anyone else really know for that matter cause its probably the hottest piece of property in Toronto right now.

I cannot confirm those plans for that other office/hotel tower. It was a rumour I heard somewhere, either here on UT or talking to people during my Studio project on Ward 20. I wouldn't expect anything there for some time.

My idea above was merely a suggestion to balance residential and employment uses. Infinity is there for good, and I'm pretty sure the latter phases have already been approved, which means the only chance of anything different is if Conservatory group changes their mind, scraps the condo plans and goes for another rezoning/OP amendment, etc. to build an office tower. That is not happening.

My worry now, upon knowing that this is a mixed use area, is how the applicants will interpret the word 'component' if it gets to the OMB.

Doesn't the city have sole discretion over what the mix can consist of? Mixed can still be a 5 storey residential with a 50 storey office... no?

Floorplans for ICE condos

For those interested ... I've posted some preview info on this project received from an agent on the real estate forum

Doesn't the city have sole discretion over what the mix can consist of? Mixed can still be a 5 storey residential with a 50 storey office... no?

Zoning isn't that perscriptive and the market plays a more significant role in terms of what is and is not feasible... regardless of the what may or may not be planned.

but zoning CAN be very restrictive such as the existing regulations applicable to this site which permits ZERO sq.m. of residential gross floor area; accordingly the City can assign a gross floor area limitation by type of uses on each site (if they want to) to control the mix of uses within a development

All the answers are provided in the City's planning staff report

Excerpt from staff report:

"...The total gross floor area requested is 160,891 square metres which is 45,684 square metres (39.6%) greater than the 115,207 square metres of commercial development permitted on the property."

"...The applicant proposes 1,496 square metres of indoor residential amenity space and 550 square metres of outdoor residential amenity space whereas the by-law requires 2,192 square metres of both indoor and outdoor residential amenity space."

"...The applicant has submitted a Planning Rationale report prepared by Bousfields Inc. and an Economic Impact Analysis prepared by Altus Clayton. Both documents provide information on the applicant’s rationale for permitting the conversion of commercial office gross floor area to residential gross floor area, and the overall increase in density. The applicant requests flexibility in the phasing of the development so that the residential development could be constructed prior to the office building being constructed."

*** wrt last point above, the City should definitely not let the developer phase this such that office will be built later, cuz later can = never (they will just say the economics don't justify it later)

July 30

Looking east at the sales office and behind it MLS is rising.
2721650258_7d0076abca_b.jpg

Thanks for the pic of the sales office. I would have expected something a little more luxurious looking like other sales offices like Pier 27.

Thanks for the pic of the sales office. I would have expected something a little more luxurious looking like other sales offices like Pier 27.

I know, when I saw it going up I could hardly believe it - an 1100 unit development with its sales center in a trailer...

Back