News   Apr 26, 2024
 2.3K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 568     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.2K     1 

To the centre of Mississauga 10/21/05

Future Mayor-

About the Amacon-Daniels mega development, do you know if any more informaiton has been released about it?

I remember reading in the Mississauga News that it would have one 50 Tower, and two 45s, and a bunch of midrises and house about 12,000 people by the time everything was finished in 2020 (maybe 2015, but I forget the exact date). I've heard so many different things since then about it, and I was wondering if there was had been anything officially released about it? (ie. renderings, layouts for the area, number of towers/parks/street retail/etc. I searched around the net but everything comes up dry.

According to Emporis they're also having two more 40's, and someone else said that one of the 45s was goning to become another 50 and such so thats the main reason for the question.

Thanks

somebody has posted on another board that there will be -2- 50storey bldgs in the amacon parkside development, but I haven't seen this confirmed anywhere else....

As to the farm, it will stay a farm until the owner dies along with the his family.

It will be a sad day to see this go.

The new Confederation Rd will see low density only and I try to get it zone mid-density when it went through planning.

I was told there was no need for higher density in this are as they already had an extra 1,400 extra units located else where within the city centre.

I stated there should be more to support transit that will be using the road once the bridge over the 403 gets built within the next 5 years.

The whole area is zone for 3.25 cars per house. Should be 1.25.

Council cannot see the trees because there is a road there. Wondering what taxpayers will say if they knew this mid-density would help to cover their tax increas or a better sharing base.

It would be great to see the old Buffalo station brought back to life. The whole area died years ago, but more like 30 years ago.

jeicow:

I have the official proposal document presented by AMACON and Urban Strategies presented to City Council last Novmeber. I can forward you this document if you give me your e-mail. My e-mail address is futuremayor@hotmail.com

It clearly outlines their building concepts, positioning of buildings, and proposed heights. As of now there will be one 50 mixed used hotel/condo, two 45's and at least two 40's.

From talking to the AMACON staff at the recent City Centre meetings, the first building will go up near the centre of the development (directly across from the Daniel's Capital buildings) will break ground sometime in 2006.

The City and AMACON are currently hammering out an Architectural Control Document to ensure that the new development meets the city’s desire of creating a lively pedestrian City Centre (guarantees of ground floor retail).

Louroz

FM, in that Architectural Control Document, make sure that they guarantee a higher quality of precast that what is taking shape at Edenpark....that one doesn't look so good.....although the renderings of Eve already look better (more glass!)

yyzer, I agree. I believe the city is demanding everything it can from AMACON. I know the biggest sticking point and why the agreement hasn't been signed yet is the city's requirement of ground floor retail at the podiums of all building.

AMACON wants the option of making them residential first and then converting them to retail when there is a demand for services.

Louroz

Wow it looks so different from when I first saw Mississauga a few years back. Great pics Louroz.

btw doady, i know you took them i'm just saying hey to louroz, haven't said hi in a while :)

Citygate is nice, but the whole Square One/Playdium area is still a mess...still a lot of work needed.

One quickie of the Capital Towers....12/8/05...the big crane on the left has just finished taking down the North Tower crane....

dec0801a.jpg

Hmmm... not bad. A helluva lot better than NY Towers. I wonder what that gargoyle one will look like.

Brandon! Hello! thanks for the shout out!

I had no idea that the Capital Towers would cast such a large shadow over City Hall and the Square. I can't wait until they light up those towers. The City Centre skyline is going to look great at night!

Louroz

I actually don't think the city centre skyline will look that great at night since it is mostly residential towers, which are not as
well lit as office towers.

I should do an update of MCC myself now that i have time, but it is too cold tomorrow. I took pictures a few weeks ago for a
panorama but I need to get a good photo-stitching program.

The first Captial building is officially topped off when it's point now proudly installed. It's going to look even more spectacular than the NY buildings at night.

I'm not sure if Daniels still plans on using the point as a massive flag pole. It would have to be a fairly large flag to make any impact. I would rather have them use it as a flag during special ocassions such as Flag Day, Canada Day and Rememberance Day.

Louroz

The first Capital building is officially topped off when it's point now proudly installed.

Yup...Capital North Tower has grown a spire....the crane on the left, btw, was just installed for the One Park Tower project..

dec1401a.jpg

and here's a pic of Edenpark, which continues to grow....don't know how this one will turn out, Eve renderings look better, more glass and better colour palette..

dec1405a.jpg

Back