Toronto The Yards at Fort York | ?m | 28s | Onni Group | Wallman Architects COMPLETE

Excuse me ?? Please explain to me how Scarborough is NOT a part of the City of Toronto (who cares you say ??) ... And perhaps you should read up on your ward boundaries UD, the Heron's Hill development is within the former North York boundaries

Let's face it Solaris, the projects outside of downtown, even if still in Toronto proper, rarely garner a fraction of the attention that downtown projects do.

^Yeah, at the risk of sounding like a snob, I always thought that condo projects downtown were a form of "city building", while condo projects in the 'burbs (even the 416 ones) were just "high density housing".

There are exceptions, of course, like condos going up in DT Brampton and, on some occasions, MCC.

Last edited:
Check out the 360 degree views from the tower at different floors, pretty cool feature.

I guess for now, sooner or later there will be a Concord Adex 29 storey building directly across the street on the Amsterdam Brewery site let alone in the same east background, the 42 storey Quartz and the 38 storey follow-up.

As of now, south east higher floors have lake view. Does anyone know if there will be any obstructing building(s)? Thanks.

Oops... Guess AG said it... so looks like there will unlikely be any unit with lakeview...

All of the projects that AG is referring to are east and north of The Yards. South of the Yards is pretty much built out, with Ltd. closest and the larger Malibu south of that. More buildings will be built to the west.

I imagine most units that face the lake will have portions of it in view, but since you are a couple of blocks back here, it would never be a full view, you will always have neighbours in view.

Thanks 42. Does anyone has a list / diagram of development north of Gardiner in that particular segment?

anddan ... this may help to put in context various towers going up in the area:

Fort York Neighbourhood Context Map ~

Click to Enlarge

Garrison @ Fort York is located at southwest corner of Fort York Blvd & Bathurst Street
Yards @ Fort York is located at northwest corner of Bruyeres Mews & Bathurst Street

Scaled Model

IMG_1130.jpg

Motor Court
IMG_1131.jpg

Grade Retail Facing Bathrust Street
IMG_1132.jpg

Podium Townhomes
IMG_1133.jpg

Nice Looking Blank Wall Treatment
IMG_1135.jpg

I guess Loblaws has given up on retrofitting the old art-deco building on Lakeshore into a supermarket.:confused:

Historic Fort York area gets modern twist

The six-storey podium that anchors the tower at street level will feature both the townhomes and retail space, which will include a convenient Loblaw supermarket. The podium is also home to the Y Club, a balanced-lifestyle mecca for residents with a fully equipped fitness centre, locker rooms with showers, sundeck, barbecue and dining area, multi-purpose cocktail lounge, chef’s kitchen, bar and dining room, and rooftop water feature. The roof will also give residents a chance to get their hands dirty, by adopting their own agriculture plot to plant, tend and harvest.

More....http://www.yourhome.ca/homes/reales...32--historic-fort-york-area-gets-modern-twist

Nice model, but it appears reversed based on the context map.
How will the freeway running through the middle affect that courtyard and south facing units?

Last edited:

Back