News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.7K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 379     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 957     1 

The Tenor (10 Dundas St E, Ent Prop Trust, 10s, Baldwin & Franklin)

• Thread starter billy corgan19982
  • Start date
March 21

2350983972_6e90420933_b.jpg

2350985696_5de2a9102e_b.jpg

235015365_4a61e80aeb_b.jpg

2350988414_b78ef9fe91_b.jpg

2350984900_b27eb11be2_b.jpg

Was just by here earlier today. TLS is actually quite an awesome sight to behold in person... it's one of those 'the pictures don't do justice' kinda places. I'm happy with the progress so far.

I know it's only coincidence but there's a lot of red text on that building, and isn't Toronto Life's font red too?

I like the above pictures though. The building is starting to look like it belongs there.

I dont know why everyone is complaining about them not clearing the snow at Dundas Square. They do! The last batch of complaints about snow clearing at Dundas Square were going on after it had already been cleared. Its always done within a week of the snowfall. (it was 2 days after the last snow fall)

Well that's possible, I'm only judging by my personal experience that every time I pass by (which admittedly is not often) it seems to be covered in snow. Bigger picture though: it would be nice to see the actual square better utilized in cold weather months. Skating? urban winter carnival on weekends? I don't know, better minds than mine can surely come up with something cool.

The square definitely needs something for people gather around year round, like most other squares with their statues and sculptures at their centre. The argument has been made that the square should be kept open without any centrepiece, like an urban living room. But even living rooms have coffee tables.

The square definitely needs something for people gather around year round, like most other squares with their statues and sculptures at their centre. The argument has been made that the square should be kept open without any centrepiece, like an urban living room. But even living rooms have coffee tables.

How dare you even suggest it.

I didn't return to this forum for months after my initial foray involved getting berated for suggesting we needed more statues/monuments in our squares.

It's not just about having something people will congregate around. It's also about showing ourselves, visitors and future generations that we have a story. I'm going to Europe next month and intend on taking tons of pictures of monuments and statues that are everywhere over there that I'll hopefully get to use for my Masters work. In my opinion, they really do create a story and enhance the image of the city. Hell, London has something like 600 statues and memorials sitting in storage waiting for spots to put them. If only we were so lucky.

How dare you even suggest it.

I didn't return to this forum for months after my initial foray involved getting berated for suggesting we needed more statues/monuments in our squares.

It's not just about having something people will congregate around. It's also about showing ourselves, visitors and future generations that we have a story. I'm going to Europe next month and intend on taking tons of pictures of monuments and statues that are everywhere over there that I'll hopefully get to use for my Masters work. In my opinion, they really do create a story and enhance the image of the city. Hell, London has something like 600 statues and memorials sitting in storage waiting for spots to put them. If only we were so lucky.
Heh, I don't remember you getting berated. But welcome back! You make an interesting point, Queen's Park and Nathan Philips Square tell stories. So does University Avenue, for all its faults. Dundas Square doesn't. A centrepiece doesn't have to be a stuffy, traditional statue, it can be modern public art that complements the rest of the square and invites loitering. Kind of like 3D's Cathedral Square idea. Any number of events or people in Toronto's history could be honoured.

Back