News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.4K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 320     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 875     0 

The Tenor (10 Dundas St E, Ent Prop Trust, 10s, Baldwin & Franklin)

• Thread starter billy corgan19982
  • Start date
Restaurants would have been far better. This needs to be marketed solely as an entertainment/food complex (with Ryerson and GoodLife thrown in for good measure haha)!

I thought they already have extremely boring restaurants like Milestone and jack Astor? I serious don't know who would waste money in those.

I thought they already have extremely boring restaurants like Milestone and jack Astor? I serious don't know who would waste money in those.
Jack Astors is actually decent...it's one of the few chains I like. Milestones on the other hand is a waste of money.

As I said in the other 10 Dundas East thread, it would be a good opportunity for an Anchor Bar franchise to open in that space.

Alternatively, it could have been used for a Canadian Nintendo World Store (as the other Nintendo World Store is in Rockefeller Center in midtown Manhattan).

Ugh... Mistake. Whoever is running this place these days is missing what's right in front of them: retail at 10 Dundas East has never done well. These stores inevitably close. On the other hand, restaurants are always full, often with waiting lines or waiting lists for reservations. FutureShop should have been converted to two restaurants with views of the square and Yonge St.

I suspect that Winners will do very well here, but will likely eat into the College Park location's sales. Here's hoping they treat the windows as an asset, rather than with disdain as Future Shop evidently did.

With Adidas, Nike, Foot Locker all in the neighbourhood, this would have been a good spot for another athletic apparel brand's Toronto flagship. Since Adidas and Reebok are owned by the same company, Reebok might have been a good fit here.

With Winners and Marshall's just up the street, having another Winners here makes little sense.

With Adidas, Nike, Foot Locker all in the neighbourhood, this would have been a good spot for another athletic apparel brand's Toronto flagship. Since Adidas and Reebok are owned by the same company, Reebok might have been a good fit here.

With Winners and Marshall's just up the street, having another Winners here makes little sense.
Might have gotten your wish for a little bit, albeit across the street.

http://www.thescore.com/nba/news/957182

...and then opening permanently again sometime later in the year. Keep reading 'til the end of the article!
Oh okay. I thought it was going to be permanent, and then I read an article recently that mentioned it was just a pop-up, and didn't mention re-opening permanently later.

Back