2.2K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 502     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.1K     1 

The Richmond (Richmond Hill, Greenpark, 14s, P+S) COMPLETE

• Thread starter TheAlmightyFuzzy
  • Start date
Atleast it's built up to street level. It may look hostile right now but it will make pedestrianization of those sidewalks much easier in the future.

Its actually only a couple of blacks south of old town Richmond Hill so it it a small start towards pedestrianization of the sprawl south of Major Mac.

That low-rise building used to be a wonderful little independently-owned cafe - no idea what it is now. Too bad their business didn't last!

IMG_3231.jpg

That low-rise building used to be a wonderful little independently-owned cafe - no idea what it is now. Too bad their business didn't last!

the cafe has had a couple of name changes. it keeps being re-leased every so often. however the burger joint just north of it is still open.

Pedestrians in Richmond Hill?? "Mommy, lock the car doors, I see people on the sidewalk!"

I mean in the future when they go to pedestrianize that area (and the city of Richmond Hill in general) it will be nice to have some buildings already placed up at the street.

If I left my place now, and walked every street in the world before walking Yonge south of old Richmond Hill, they still wouldn't have anything worth walking past there, so, uhhhhh, I won't.

That thing really is quite mammoth now that I see it more or less topped out- The proportions of this building are all wrong and especially for the area - I just don't understand the necessity to have such a large building so close to the street? If anything, why they couldn't step the g-damned thing back away from Yonge, makes absolutely no sense to me. In fact it is rather imposing- just look at the last photo of it and imagine that the next comparable building is the retirement home across the street and that is approximately 5-6 stories.

Too bad.. but what can you expect from Richmond Hole.

p5

Daily Commercial News

so Page + Steele are behind the (cough cough) architecture for 'The Richmond' :rolleyes:

P+S ... minus 1 point

The Richmond on the Rise in Richmond Hill, Ontario
June 29, 2009

110.jpg

HOWARD MANDEL/APERTURE IMAGING

Construction is ongoing for The Richmond condominium project in Richmond Hill, Ont. Owner/general contractor Greenpark Homes began the 14-storey, 357-unit condominium with two levels of underground parking in June 2007 and there will also be a party room, fitness club, billiards/card room and guest suites. The project was designed by Page + Steele Inc. Consultants are: Adjeleian Allen Rubeli Ltd. (structural) and United Engineering Ltd. (mechanical/electrical).

http://www.dcnonl.com/article/id34303

I'm actually working at this site for the next few days. It is pretty massive. The third floor suites are pretty much completed. If anyone purchased a suite here, I can let you know the progress of it. Green Park's condos are pretty similar to Tridels.

Green Park's condos are pretty similar to Tridels.

Really ?? Based on the floorplans and the finishes selection I've seen, I found Greenpark's choices are slightly are lower end ~ in particular, the layouts are often inefficiently planned out (which may be attributed to the fact they are a grade-related housing builder, where space efficiency is no issue unlike high-rise condos) ... go through the floorplans yourself and you'll see what I mean

Really ?? Based on the floorplans and the finishes selection I've seen, I found Greenpark's choices are slightly are lower end ~ in particular, the layouts are often inefficiently planned out (which may be attributed to the fact they are a grade-related housing builder, where space efficiency is no issue unlike high-rise condos) ... go through the floorplans yourself and you'll see what I mean

Hi there Solaris,

Sorry about that, but I meant the actual design of the building. You're right regarding the floorplans and finishes....they are low end.

Back