Toronto The New Residences of Yorkville Plaza | 92.05m | 31s | Camrost-Felcorp | WZMH COMPLETE

Should the Queens Park view corridor be preserved?

• Yes

Votes: 168 43.3%
  • No

Votes: 145 37.4%
  • Don't Know

Votes: 15 3.9%
  • Don't Care

Votes: 60 15.5%

• Total voters
I'll be honest, that's pretty darn ugly. Looks like a busy mess. Needs to be sent back to the drawing board for some alterations and refining.

The low-rise addition (along Yorkville Ave) actually looks nice. Too bad they didn't have that design scheme for the 39 storey tower.

urbantoronto474714382.jpg

The low-rise resembles 75 Portland in scale. If done right this could be an ultra-luxurious residence. The ground floor absolutely needs to be retail though. I hope that the planners insist in it if they haven't already.

The low-rise resembles 75 Portland in scale. If done right this could be an ultra-luxurious residence. The ground floor absolutely needs to be retail though. I hope that the planners insist in it if they haven't already.

i'm sure no sane developer would pass up retail spaces in the middle of yorkville

Hopefully. The tower definitely needs some refining or even a total redesign. A height reduction (to maybe half of the proposed height) would also make the massing and relationship with the existing building look much less awkward and overwhelming.

The north facade of the new tall tower on the site reminds me of the Skyline Cosmopolitan hotel down on Colborne Street.

It's moving day at the now 'old' Four Seasons! The signs up top that we've all known are now gone, coming down are the ones at street level, and trucks are starting to empty out the rest.

6878193296_2a1a5cee9c_b.jpg

7024293249_bcbb080be7_b.jpg

7024295285_d01fe6938e_b.jpg

6878194500_8a623028d7_b.jpg

7024294037_166a2050c1_b.jpg

6878194196_aa50191181_b.jpg

Can't wait till the new one opens in the summer!
6878194862_0544ec0754_b.jpg

It's moving day at the now 'old' Four Seasons! The signs up top that we've all known are now gone, coming down are the ones at street level, and trucks are starting to empty out the rest.

Can't wait till the new one opens in the summer!

meh

I heard that a lot of the staff at the old 4S will not be rehired. Not sure if this is accurate information. It seems strange to me that they would opt to use new staff who would have to be retrained but perhaps much of the staff has been there so long and is older and this is an opportunity to "release them" in favour of younger, more vigorous, and perhaps less expensive staff? I am just speculating on this last point.

That's probably true. I don't think the FS was unionized. I know a lot of the staff have been there for 20 plus years. All the staff I've encountered over years at the FS have been outstanding! From the doormen to the restaurant staff. Sadly getting rid of older workers to make way for cheaper younger workers seems to be the trend these days. I just hope they don't replace these workers with clueless college kids, like the ones that work over at the Ritz Carlton.

Last edited by a moderator:
^^^
A real concern Gabe.
I think I already mentioned but if not; we know someone who stays at Ritz regularly around the world and when in TO, after 2 days, checked out stating it was not up to standard of a 5 star hotel. Ended up going to the Park Plaza at Avenue Road and Bloor.
Also not a 5 star hotel but he said it was much better.
Let's hope 4S gets it right.
My wife used to love the bar and restaurant at the old 4S. Service was outstanding.

Back