News   May 21, 2024
 1.5K     0 
News   May 21, 2024
 693     0 
News   May 21, 2024
 523     0 

The Met + Encore at The Met (Edilcan, 43 + 33s, P+S) COMPLETE

I really like the Met project but I'm disappointed that that this is the art component of the project.

The Met's night lighting is certainly having an impact on the skyline:

652720975_12162d2025_b.jpg

"The Met's night lighting is certainly having an impact on the skyline:":D

I actually thought is was somebody's cellphone screen.

Photos by Sir Novelty Fashion

Taken from his original thread to be found here:
http://urbantoronto.ca/showthread.php?t=5935

The MET, looking awesome.

The thing is covered in dirt.

Phase II rises:

Townhomes behind, almost topping out:

Do you have any more info about occupancy of the Met Ph I? Would you mind to return my mail please?

People were moving into ROCP 1 before the roof was complete with construction elevators running up & down the outside of the building. On the other hand, The Met is much more complete before move-ins; class act all the way.

I really hope Encore has a real art component and not LED lights.

I really hope Encore has a real art component and not LED lights.

How would they do it on Encore considering it is not a mirror image of the Met (doesn't have that 'turret')

How would they do it on Encore considering it is not a mirror image of the Met (doesn't have that 'turret')

I think it's referred to as a "beacon" so obviously something that would be illuminated somehow. Encore is shaped differently but LED's can be installed in an endless array of tacky fashions (see the Arcade at Yonge & Adelaide) so anything is possible. The bottom line is I love the art components the city is mandating for new developments so I hope this great project has something planned to look forward to at street level, not blinking colours at the top corner of a building.

think it's referred to as a "beacon" so obviously something that would be illuminated somehow.

the beacon covers only the mechanical penthouse of the 43 storey tall protrusion. I realize LED come in every shape, form on size however illuminating the shorter Encore takes away the emphasis on the beacon. Also, The beacon could cover the art component of both towers with whatever left in the contribuition going towards community upgrades

That would be unfortunate

The developer proposed an illuminated sphere for the top of Encore but I don't think the committee bought that. They also tried to get a lit vaulted ceiling in the townhomes round back (a la Yokville) but again, that's hardly art. I don't know what they're proposing now but it would be annoying to be overlooking a lit 'beacon' of whatever shape from 30' away in phase 1.
Hopefully they go with something at street level.

I'm finding it a little annoying seeing the beacon flash colours from a 1/4 mile away, I don't find it an attractive application for that building.

Back