News   May 02, 2024
 158     0 
News   May 01, 2024
 1.7K     1 
News   May 01, 2024
 411     0 

The Met + Encore at The Met (Edilcan, 43 + 33s, P+S) COMPLETE

mark simpson:

Yup, I think there pics of the glazing in other thread(s).

AoD

EDIT: I posted one for the podium level here:

p083.ezboard.com/ftoronto...41&stop=47

There are pics by other members for the tower portion, the link for which I couldn't find.

this building does seem to be going up quite quickly. it must be the small floor plate because at last count, they're working on the 19th floor already.

The MET Phase I & 2 [The Met Condos]

The MET Phase I [The Met Condos]
MetRender.jpg

Developer: Edilcan Group
Architect: Page & Steele Architects
Planning Docs: www.themet.ca/www.toronto.ca/legdocs/2004/agendas/committees/ts/ts040706/it011.pdf
Designation: Residential
Expected Occupancy: 2007
Height: 431ft
Floors: 43
Size:
Value:

Love how they are cladding the blank wall to make it look like the rest of the building.

Met-July24,06(3).jpg

Met-July24,06(5).jpg

Met-July24,06(9).jpg

I'm envious of the people who own a round balcony. This building will look amazing when completed.

The balconies are not very deep, perhaps 2 1/2 - 3 feet deep which isn't very practical, but they will afford tremendous views.
That said, I'm thoroughly impressed with The Met & Spire so far, they are truly exceeding my expectations.

Met

I came very close to buying a unit at the Encore - I agree that the round balconies are very cool, but they were very thin - it would be hard to even set up chairs with a little table - the balconies were more suited to standing and leaning while having a smoke.

Murano had much better layouts. That said the Met is turning out very well. I love the darker colour of the building which is rather unique for a residential tower in Toronto.

Re: Met

I am very surprised (pleasantly) that they are cladding that blank wall with windows. Certainly not a case of form following function, but hey....

Will they also install lights behind the fake windows to come on at night? ;)

Re: Met

Damn that thing is a lot taller than the last pics I saw of it!!! Awesome!

Looking Great!

Thanks for the pic updates Ed. :) I love the way its turning out. I live in the UK at the moment, but bought a unit in the Encore building so any pics I can see over the net are great!!! :)

Re: Looking Great!

pretty!! and not a boring box either. more like this please.

Thanks for the pics.

This may be one development that looks almost identical to the rendering. And yes, it appears to be decent, with decent materials, some interesting lines and enough respect not to provide the city with blank walls of precast or sprayed concrete.

They appear to be working on the 30th floor right now.

The building is turning out better than I had expected. The sample floor with the glass balconies in place already looks great too! I'm also very surprised they're cladding the solid wall with glass.

Thanks for the pics, Ed.

I look forward to seeing what the podium looks like at ground level - the rest of it is very promising. Page and Steele have done a good job on this project...

Back