News   Apr 26, 2024
 2.2K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 498     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.1K     1 

The End of Suburbia and Economic Apocalypse

It wouldn't even take peak oil to drastically change a city or its suburbs and affect the viability of regions and neighbourhoods, as we're seeing in places like Detroit, which is undergoing a fairly significant suburbapocalypse.

Though some suburbs around Detroit are doing much better than the city.

Got past half of that video. Then I just decided to close it.

The fact is that when I saw the name James Howard Kunstler on the first post I almost vomitted. The guy is a complete asshole and moron. Well maybe not moron... he took a few ideas of a couple people and went with that. In all honesty he is an asshole. For example... in the mid 1990s he was down at University of Illinois. And at the lunch some people asked him "so what happens with the people who are displaced by these projects that you call for, and the poor classes"? You know what this prick said? Who cares, they're the losers. That is what kind of elitist asshole the guy is.

In that movie the end of suburbia, he even stated that he says that he is an author, and that he writes things that are not true in order to get people riled up. The guy is a simple author trying to make money.

These calls for so called smarth growth and whatnot are in fact done to promote profits, not sustainability. We sometimes see these things being built in the middle of nowhere... thus they promote sprawl.
Just as yourselves who buys these new objects? They are designed for the richer people. There is no low income housing in them. They are designed for the rich. They do not even reduce traffic. In so many of these developments there is not even a grocery store, people have to drive for that.

I see that there can be good things from thing. But good things are not the intention, making money is the intention. Good things and sustianability is just a smoke screen for profits.

Back