News   May 03, 2024
 261     0 
News   May 03, 2024
 368     0 
News   May 03, 2024
 806     0 

The end of FHRITP in Toronto?

Is he in a union? Senior financial analyst was the title given from the sunshine list.

If a company gives you the proper notice (or payment in lieu) and severance, they can get rid of you whenever. I believe this can be true even with a union, depending on the contract.

ETA: - Sorry, title from list is Assistant Network Management Engineer/Officer

About 90% of Hydro One employees are in a union. He's probably represented by the Society of Energy Professionals. That's the local that struck back in 2005. My brother-in-law worked there when he was about the same age as Simoes. He was a unionized engineer even though he had a lower-level management position.

If I'm right he's in the union, he'd have a right to grieve a termination, and possibly even take it to arbitration. All with the union's help.

The guy in the TFC shirt and sunglasses - Mr Are-You-Actually-Filming-This? - seems to have been identified by the Liberty Village FB group and has taken down his own FB account.

And Simoes was identified by a member on the CityPlace Facebook group. Apparently by someone who lived on the same floor, and who had placed many complaints to management about his behavior as a tenant. He and his friends were kicked out of their previous unit due to many complaints lodged against the unit, however, they simply rented a different unit in the same building.

Karma's a bitch! Glad these people are getting what they deserve.

Being a "camp follower" does not mean you wash yourself off our own responsibilities - you have an independent mind, your mouth is under no one else but your own control. And besides, if you see someone being harassed and your first reaction is to join in the harassment, you are doubly deserving of scorn.
AoD

Anyone who would say this phrase to any woman is a complete jerk. But what makes FHRITP especially bad is that these people are trying to get the reporter to "break" on camera, interfering with her job, trying to undermine and shame her.

Simoes didn't do that. The reporter had already given up on her regular interviews. If anything, she was going after Simoes, not the other way round.

He's still a jerk though, I am not defending his action.

I think one's actions outside of the workplace is and should be a factor in one's employment. As politically correct as it is to say you hire solely based on technical merit, the longer term vision of any company is to hire good people in every sense of the word. The guys in this video, regardless of how productive they are at their jobs, have clearly showed that they lack tact and respect in their everyday lives. The way they present themselves is very telling to me and, quite frankly, I would most certainly not want to work with them in my business.

I think one's actions outside of the workplace is and should be a factor in one's employment. As politically correct as it is to say you hire solely based on technical merit, the longer term vision of any company is to hire good people in every sense of the word. The guys in this video, regardless of how productive they are at their jobs, have clearly showed that they lack tact and respect in their everyday lives. The way they present themselves is very telling to me and, quite frankly, I would most certainly not want to work with them in my business.

I don't even see why people are arguing against this! Many companies now require background checks on candidates when making hiring decisions, and some even go as far as credit checks. What makes people think that an employer shouldn't be allowed to terminate an employee based on the personal antics, when most companies wouldn't hire these people to begin with? Your reference checks also help provide character references, which can be based on absolutely anything you have ever done in your life whether or not it was on company time.

It's really no different.

I always thought douchebaggery should be a fireable offense...

Maybe the example was set by our former mayor. This very same media, currently riding their high moral horse, still run to and allow him to spew whatever he wants, whenever he wants, without ever calling him out.

Maybe the example was set by our former mayor. This very same media, currently riding their high moral horse, still run to and allow him to spew whatever he wants, whenever he wants, without ever calling him out.

Yep, nobody said the world was fair unfortunately... I am surrounded by folks who wouldn't survive in a normal career because of how piss-poor they are in their jobs.. But we're a bank and we'll keep any one on as long as they're FTE.

Sounds like Hydro One guy will be grieving to his union.. Another reason why I don't support them in this day and age.

Yep, nobody said the world was fair unfortunately... I am surrounded by folks who wouldn't survive in a normal career because of how piss-poor they are in their jobs.. But we're a bank and we'll keep any one on as long as they're FTE.

Sounds like Hydro One guy will be grieving to his union.. Another reason why I don't support them in this day and age.

But you support the banks after saying they would've likely done nothing to this person? Makes them no better than unions imo.

Well, operating on pure hunch - hazard to guess how many in that shouting crowd would be the first to support his Fraudship? And of course, it's hard not to notice the alignment of the latter to said crowd either.

AoD

hazard to guess how many in that shouting crowd would be the first to support his Fraudship?

The media supported him, overwhelmingly...and now they're crying because some idiots, in a 'drunken stupor', said something they didn't like.
I'm not supporting these idiots at all, i just find the double standard a little sickening.
With all the media reporting on this, not one outlet has mentioned that this whole 'meme' was started by a reporter last year.

Last edited:
Anyone who would say this phrase to any woman is a complete jerk. But what makes FHRITP especially bad is that these people are trying to get the reporter to "break" on camera, interfering with her job, trying to undermine and shame her.

Simoes didn't do that. The reporter had already given up on her regular interviews. If anything, she was going after Simoes, not the other way round.

He's still a jerk though, I am not defending his action.

Actually, you're defending his action. Or at least trying to insert 'mitigating circumstances.'

While it's unsurprising, what annoyed me most was how none of these chaps came to her defence. Here's a women being verbally assaulted and all these guys just stand around, even the MLSE security guy just stares like a sheep.

He should have reported the guy to HR. Actually I take that back. We can't assume he did nothing. His employer MLSE did get involved so maybe he did.

Last edited:

Back