News   Apr 25, 2024
 354     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 1K     4 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 1K     0 

The end of FHRITP in Toronto?

And what does it have to do with the acceptability of FHRITP or similar antics in public?

AoD

Where did I say it was acceptable?
It's not acceptable for the public to say FHRITP to any reporter, nor is it acceptable for reporters to make fun of gays, disabled people, women, men, or anyone else....when they think they are off camera.

Where did I say it was acceptable?
It's not acceptable for the public to say FHRITP to any reporter, nor is it acceptable for reporters to make fun of gays, disabled people, women, men, or anyone else....when they think they are off camera.

Sure, but that's not really the point of this thread.

AoD

I saw that too. My first thought was that Hydro One caved due to union pressure, or that Hydro simply used the incident as a PR gain to show how progressive they were, while fully intending to reinstate him later.

However, if you peel back the story a bit, there are reportedly letters of support from both female and male colleagues, he's taken some sensitivity courses, apologized to the reporter, and donated to charity(s) that focus on ending misogyny. That doesn't mean Hydro One had to take him back, but looking at the level of offence (never actually said FHRITP, but drunkenly stated he thought it was funny) with zero police charges or civil legal actions, I can't agree that this albeit idiot should be marked for life.

If anything, this whole shenanigan simply proves that Shawn Simoes is a drunken fool and an idiot. Hopefully he learns from this public revelation.

Screen shot 2015-11-03 at 11.22.37 AM.png

Attachments

• Screen shot 2015-11-03 at 11.22.37 AM.png
    Screen shot 2015-11-03 at 11.22.37 AM.png
    141.9 KB · Views: 486
CityNews' Anna Vlachos considers charges after latest FHRITP incident http://www.citynews.ca/2016/04/27/c...nsiders-charges-after-latest-fhritp-incident/

If you were watching CItyNews at 11 on Tuesday night, you may have seen Anna Vlachos reporting live on a story about construction in Little Italy. You may have also heard an all-too-familiar vulgarity hurled into her microphone. As Vlachos, who is six months pregnant, spoke to viewers, a young man walked in front of the camera and slurred “FHRITP.”

Almost one year ago, on Mother’s Day, Shauna Hunt confronted a group of young men who were planning to bombard her in the same fashion while she reported live from a Toronto FC game. The ensuing confrontation triggered an international discussion and resulted in one young man temporarily losing his high-paying job at Hydro One.

Despite the obvious consequences, there’s been a recent flare up of FHRITP incidents directed at CityNews reporters.

A day after Vlachos endured the unsettling ambush, two more CityNews reporters, one male and one female, faced similar taunts while reporting from the street. Neither incident was caught on camera.

Back