News   May 02, 2024
 517     1 
News   May 02, 2024
 193     0 
News   May 02, 2024
 254     0 

TCHC: West Don Lands Affordable Housing (589 King St E, 2x 4 + 8s, Core Architects)

I still can't believe nobody has moved into this development yet. The finishing touches on this have been happening for months and months and seem to progress at a glacial pace.

Of course, I'm comparing this to condo development where people are moved in when the building is still an unfinished construction zone - here they're obviously going for full completion before move-ins.

I still can't believe nobody has moved into this development yet. The finishing touches on this have been happening for months and months and seem to progress at a glacial pace.

Of course, I'm comparing this to condo development where people are moved in when the building is still an unfinished construction zone - here they're obviously going for full completion before move-ins.

I guess they want to deliver a completed project before occupants move in. Wish the condo market went like this. I'm willing to put money down that this project has better workmanship than the condos on the other side of the street. From what little I've seen thus far, I'm pretty confident.

I guess they want to deliver a completed project before occupants move in. Wish the condo market went like this. I'm willing to put money down that this project has better workmanship than the condos on the other side of the street. From what little I've seen thus far, I'm pretty confident.
I wouldn't be so sure about that. It's the same construction management firm as RC across the street.

I wouldn't be so sure about that. It's the same construction management firm as RC across the street.

Yea but it's a lot easier to fix deficiencies when no one has moved in. I'm sure they're fixing deficiencies right now with no residents to slow things up. Meanwhile River City is still trying o fix deficiencies in buildings that are fully occupied. I also imagine deadlines are more flexible with condos than with TCH.

As an aside, not really impressed by he workmanship inside RC. Incredible design. Execution is a little meh.

Some colour would be nice, but I find the buildings and colour scheme quite sophisticated. A nice change from the usual green glass crap.

That tiniest bit of colour is much appreciated, as is the Tim Horton's. I hope it brings some life to this quiet corner.

It appears people are finally moving in - there was a moving truck backed up there this afternoon.

Tim Horton's is busy like gangbusters.

19000716114_9696c2f1b3_b.jpg

19435322660_1facf366b2_b.jpg

Back