1.1K     1 

Tamil Protests downtown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tamil protest on U Av Saturday 16 April 2009

Slightly out of date, but I snapped a few photos:

dsc01731.jpg

dsc01732f.jpg

These Tamils looked bewildered--like they know they don't belong in downtown Toronto, but rather in their new home: Scarborough! They look as out of touch with Toronto society as white trash from small town Ontario.

I think its time for the Tamils to end their protests. It's time to accept the fact that they lost. There is pressure on Sri Lanka to launch a real peace process and I think most Sinhalese people understand the need to accomodate most Tamil concerns.

Generic post. No analysis. Another troll moment. You still did not answer the question posed above about why Canadian style federalism would not work in Sri Lanka? And as of yet you still have not apologized for your racist and bigoted views against persons not born in this country.

you need to put a fork in that, turn it over, it's done.....not being born here is quite different than what I said, not being educated here......early years.....just an observation......

you need to put a fork in that, turn it over, it's done.....not being born here is quite different than what I said, not being educated here......early years.....just an observation......

So to clarify you discriminate against people who aren't educated here and who have not spent their 'early years' here? Apparently, having a Canadian passport is not good enough in your eyes, so please educate us on how many 'early years' one has to spend in Canada to meet your bar. And how do you determine if they have met your bar? Do you judge them by their skin colour or their accent? Perhaps you judge them by the food they eat. How do you know if they have had enough exposure to Canada? If they don't eat mashed potatoes three times a week maybe they aren't Canadian. God help if they don't like poutine. I can see it now, you are probably the exact target of those commercials about hiring immigrants. People like you are exactly the ignorant holier-than-thou -------- who deny immigrants jobs because they were not educated here and didn't spend their 'early years' here, all while talking about how you value diversity and how multi-cultural you are. blah, blah, blah. But when the rubber meets the road, most immigrants are not 'Canadian' enough for you. Somebody could spend a decade here but apparently if they have not been educated here or spent their formative years here your apparently progressive mind will not accept them as Canadian.

Why don't you run a poll? Most people on here would call that attitude ignorant at best and more than likely racist at its worst. You may think yourself progressive but you have shown your true colours. At heart you are racist. You should quit defending your bigotry and apologize. Till you do I won't let up. I want others to know how racist you really are. Your defence of this attitude is absolutely disgusting.

Last edited:
So to clarify you discriminate against people who aren't educated here and who have not spent their 'early years' here? Apparently, having a Canadian passport is not good enough in your eyes, so please educate us on how many 'early years' one has to spend in Canada to meet your bar. And how do you determine if they have met your bar? Do you judge them by their skin colour or their accent? Perhaps you judge them by the food they eat. How do you know if they have had enough exposure to Canada? If they don't eat mashed potatoes three times a week maybe they aren't Canadian. God help if they don't like poutine. I can see it now, you are probably the exact target of those commercials about hiring immigrants. People like you are exactly the ignorant holier-than-thou -------- who deny immigrants jobs because they were not educated here and didn't spend their 'early years' here, all while talking about how you value diversity and how multi-cultural you are. blah, blah, blah. But when the rubber meets the road, most immigrants are not 'Canadian' enough for you. Somebody could spend a decade here but apparently if they have not been educated here or spent their formative years here your apparently progressive mind will not accept them as Canadian.

Why don't you run a poll? Most people on here would call that attitude ignorant at best and more than likely racist at its worst. You may think yourself progressive but you have shown your true colours. At heart you are racist. You should quit defending your bigotry and apologize. Till you do I won't let up. I want others to know how racist you really are. Your defence of this attitude is absolutely disgusting.

Are you foolish or do you just pretend to be here? At heart I just disagree with almost everything you type. Sticks and stones. Are you going to try once again to have my banned? To clarify I have no idea where your attitude comes from but I do speculate as people of this country are allow to. Suck it up sweet heart.

Last edited:
it's quite clear that both of you are hopelessly in love with each other. now stop trying to push yourselves apart and embrace each other with open arms!

Are you foolish or do you just pretend to be here? At heart I just disagree with almost everything you type. Sticks and stones. Are you going to try once again to have my banned? To clarify I have no idea where your attitude comes from but I do speculate as people of this country are allow to. Suck it up sweet heart.

Classic evasion. So do you take back what you wrote earlier that you don't consider those who weren't educated in Canada or did not spend their 'early years' here to be Canadian? It's a yes or no question. No polemics required.

To all. Take note of jade_lee's evasion. When asked to clarify her bigoted views, she avoids the question, launches personal attacks, and puts out other generic gibberish.

it's quite clear that both of you are hopelessly in love with each other. now stop trying to push yourselves apart and embrace each other with open arms!

How would you react to someone who said disabled Canadians are not 'Canadian' enough? Yet, this individual has not apologized and goes on to continue defending their bigoted views all while claiming to be open minded and progressive!

How would you react to someone who said disabled Canadians are not 'Canadian' enough? Yet, this individual has not apologized and goes on to continue defending their bigoted views all while claiming to be open minded and progressive!

While I can't claim to have exhaustively seen all his/her posts, the ones I have seen do show a lack of intellectual contribution. Either they are straight cut'n paste or links to content on other sites or short one/two liners that don't seem intended to provide anything more than inflammatory and unsubstantiated comments (let alone comments that present any kind of constructed opinion).

Always the debate on internet forums, do you let trolls post away and just ignore them, letting them prove their lack of substance on their own? Or do you actively counter their musings with facts, logic and rationality to better highlight their failings?

While I can't claim to have exhaustively seen all his/her posts, the ones I have seen do show a lack of intellectual contribution. Either they are straight cut'n paste or links to content on other sites or short one/two liners that don't seem intended to provide anything more than inflammatory and unsubstantiated comments (let alone comments that present any kind of constructed opinion).

Always the debate on internet forums, do you let trolls post away and just ignore them, letting them prove their lack of substance on their own? Or do you actively counter their musings with facts, logic and rationality to better highlight their failings?
ditto

this is a political forum and apparently you are not voting the way I am....lol
A lack of intellectual contribution.....another way of saying I don't think like you. Most definitely after reading some of your contributions here.

Last edited:

ewwww. I just wish he would get the hint and understand that I just don't think like he does and hence never really want to answer his questions. I only respond when he gets personal and even then I dislike typing his way.
Judging from his skin colour/ mash potato comments I would suggest he back away from his television and put down his Toronto sun as the major source of his views.

Last edited:
I only respond when he gets personal and even then I dislike typing his way.

Complete and utter self-serving rubbish. You seemingly insist on replying to every one of his posts, whether you actually have anything to say or not.

Example (from this page, no less):

kEiThZ
Now that the LTTE is destroyed the world can finally step in. It is imperative that the international community help Sri Lanka find a political solution. Perhaps Bob Rae's plan should be put forward again. Canadian style federalism would adress a lot of the Tamils grievances in Sri Lanka.

jade_lee
or not.

What is so personal about this post that you just HAD to respond (with a nothing comment, I might add)? You're so full of it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back