2.1K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 479     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.1K     1 

Tamil Protests downtown

Status
Not open for further replies.
While I can't claim to have exhaustively seen all his/her posts, the ones I have seen do show a lack of intellectual contribution. Either they are straight cut'n paste or links to content on other sites or short one/two liners that don't seem intended to provide anything more than inflammatory and unsubstantiated comments (let alone comments that present any kind of constructed opinion).

Always the debate on internet forums, do you let trolls post away and just ignore them, letting them prove their lack of substance on their own? Or do you actively counter their musings with facts, logic and rationality to better highlight their failings?

Yep. Jade_lee routinely cuts and pastes comments from Globe and Mail where she carries on as counteri intel. Seems like she's just on UT to troll around and spread propaganda. She refuses to answer any direct challenges posed to her. A point that was noted by a moderator previously. And now she's gone on to defend her bigoted point of view that those indivdiuals not educated in Canada or who have not spent their 'early years' here are not Canadian. I would suggest that if she made such a claim in any place other than an internet forum she would be called out as the racist that she quite obviously is.

I wonder what she thinks of the new Liberal leader who apparently has not spent a good chunk of his time in Canada. Or perhaps she refuses treatment from doctors who don't have a Canadian degree on the wall at a hospital. God knows what she thinks of school teachers with an accent who come near her kids. I don't even wanna know what she would do if the teacher is a migrant from the southern US.

There's no doubt that we don't share the same political views. And on that while I vigorously debate them, I don't take them personally. But I do take offence to somebody suggesting that I am not 'Canadian' enough simply because I don't fit their narrow minded bigoted world view of what it means to be Canadian. Troll or not, I won't let that slide.

Last edited:
ditto

this is a political forum and apparently you are not voting the way I am....lol
A lack of intellectual contribution.....another way of saying I don't think like you. Most definitely after reading some of your contributions here.

Huh? That certainly is a bizarre interpretation.

Of course it is a political forum and by all means, you aren't obligated to vote the way I do (even better, you have no idea how I vote anyways).

But the whole point of a political forum is that people present idea and their own intellectual contribution to the discussion. Simply saying 'no, you are wrong' does nothing to further any debate.

By all means, disagree with the opinions of others. But at least make it worth anyone's while to bother reading/responding to your posts by including original thoughts and commentary.

Simply throwing out insults without substantive contributions ultimately only reflects badly on the insulter, not insultee. Presumably if you're willing to put in the effort to post, it does matter at least a bit to you what others think.

^ Jade_lee simply assumes that if you disagree with her you are a tv-watching, Toronto Sun reading, Bush loving, non-Canadian neanderthal and then proceeds to attack you personally, avoid your intellectual challenges, and accuse you of being American (gasp! not American noooooo). That's the way it works around here.

I somewhat agree with what Jade Lee is saying re: Canadian education. If I hadn't gone to grade school in Canada, how would I have known that when the national anthem is playing, one is supposed to slouch, groan and generally pretend the propaganda playing doesn't exist?:) Or how about the fact Canada's first PM was a drunken fool? Or that much of White Ontario is made up of former Americans, which explains their inferiority complex?

What would've have I learned in Indian kindergarten that would prepare me for Canadian society? That tea is not to be drunk at teatime?:p

What I really want to know: Is Jade Lee a hot single 20-something female?:D

This thread has really gotten away from the point. Unless I get a well-written, reasonable rebuttal in my PM box, this thread is closed.

Jade Lee - You are venturing into Monmouth territory. I'd keep the discussions civil and to the point. Be warned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back