News   Apr 26, 2024
 2.4K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 579     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.2K     1 

Supertall and near-Supertall Rumour/Speculation Thread

Is it the site across from the ACC which will hold the future Coach Terminal/GO Bus station?

not allowed to say anything more than this, so don't ask, but something HUGE is coming to the downtown core.. )

Rob Ford?

201261-union-ford.jpg

Ahh come steveve, dont tell me you have joined the RF trash-talk bandwagon..lol
Anyways i will say that next huge big project announcement will be......... 30 Bay/60 Harbour Project (TPA/Oxford)

not allowed to say anything more than this, so don't ask, but something HUGE is coming to the downtown core.. but not supertall huge. (probably one of dozens of projects on the go right now, but this is the first/only one I have ever had insider knowledge of.)

I'm glad you qualified that as 'not super tall huge' because 'HUGE' in capitals to me suggests 350m+. I'm waiting for height we haven't seen before in Toronto, or the 'next big one'. Another 280 m announcement is always nice, but it's 350m, 450m, a counter balance to the CN Tower that I'm waiting for. Toronto's entry on to this diagram happens when? I'd settle for an entry on the diagram featuring the next 20 tallest.

1325739622-diagram-tallestskyline-cctbuh-528x331.jpg

Last edited:
No, it's not that.. That is seemingly public, and as far as I know nobody else has mentioned this project so far.

OK, let me take a stab at it: an office development at Yonge/Front NW corner, the "completion" of Brookfield Place. This would be logical given that the office market is getting hot again. And what a site for some 75+ storey office tower.

Anyways i will say that next huge big project announcement will be......... 30 Bay/60 Harbour Project (TPA/Oxford)

Possibly, but that project has been discussed (or at least speculated about) a fair amount already. Same for the Brookfield Place III possibility. It sounds like this project has been completely off the radar until now, so it might be located on one of the new plots of land that have been recently been made available and can reasonably be considered "downtown core". The LCBO headquarters location, perhaps? Would that still be considered downtown core? Although if the Toronto Star building is redeveloped, and the plot of land to its north ends up with a supertall, then the LCBO location could be considered part of the eastward extension of the core.

Last edited:
Well, you know that we are still going to speculate, right?

So what plots of land (or low-rise buildings) in or near the downtown core, that have NOT been mentioned as possible sites of tall projects, would be suitable for such a project?

Can you say if this is tearing down an existing building? if so, can it pretty please be the Citi building on Front?

That TD branch on the north-east corner of TD Centre at King/Bay has a lot of space, could stack something uber mega huge there.

Last edited:

Back