Toronto Sun Life Financial Tower & Harbour Plaza Residences | 236.51m | 67s | Menkes | Sweeny &Co

I assume they can pour the foundations for the new ramp pillars before taking down the old ones, and then build the new ramp with beams that are trucked in from offsite. The fewer months with no ramp the better.

This would be a great way to achieve a short construction window and I hope you are right that they can and will do it this way.

Is there any chance that council can say 'this realignment will add to commute times and thus we should leave it as is' like the Gardiner East? Or is the proposed plan safe from DWM and Co?

I had not considered this, what a scary thought. Ultimately though I think this ramp realignment is intended (and will succeed) in marginally decreasing commute times as it will more efficiently handle the large amounts of traffic looking to go up york/bay/yonge. So with it helping commute times in the end not increasing them I don't see how this project could get cancelled. It could still see lengthy delays and construction challenges though so we aren't out of the woods yet =)

From today:
DSC00898.JPG

Attachments

• DSC00898.JPG
    DSC00898.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,712
Is there any chance that council can say 'this realignment will add to commute times and thus we should leave it as is' like the Gardiner East? Or is the proposed plan safe from DWM and Co?

Yes, there is still a chance that this could be derailed by Council, but I cannot imagine that sanity would not prevail here. There is a replacement ram coming here, after all.

The York/Harbour street ramp removal can't come soon enough - it's going to clear up the sightlines around the area significantly. The QQ streetscape treatment should be moved northward to tie the area in with the waterfront.

AoD

The York/Harbour street ramp removal can't come soon enough - it's going to clear up the sightlines around the area significantly. The QQ streetscape treatment should be moved northward to tie the area in with the waterfront.

AoD
Yep, I completely agree. Hopefully there are plans--and, eventually, resources--to move that Queen's Quay treatment north to Lakeshore. Once the ramp comes down, this will be a place to enjoy. Just too bad about the monolith on the south face of the podium of this particular development.

So many Toronto cameos in the new Suicide Squad trailer, including a helicopter crash at the base of the Sun Life/Harbour Plaza podium

List of all the cameos

The fins on the west side have a really cool softening effect on the lighting when viewed from the south (and I'm guessing north).

Captured from the island on Saturday night:
IMG_5608.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_5608.JPG
    IMG_5608.JPG
    307.5 KB · Views: 1,853
Just starting to peek out between the Riviera and WaterClub, from HTO Park, on the 11th:

DSC03097.jpg

DSC03095.jpg

Attachments

• DSC03095.jpg
    DSC03095.jpg
    206.1 KB · Views: 1,620
  • DSC03097.jpg
    DSC03097.jpg
    405.3 KB · Views: 1,610

Back