Toronto Sun Life Financial Tower & Harbour Plaza Residences | 236.51m | 67s | Menkes | Sweeny &Co

From a few hours ago:

DSC02386.jpg

Attachments

• DSC02386.jpg
    DSC02386.jpg
    319.5 KB · Views: 1,122
Which ramps are they closing down off the Gardiner?

The Yonge-York-Bay ramps will be replaced with a ramp landing at Lower Simcoe.

Nice shot. To pick up on the discussion in the Ice thread, is it safe to assume that the fencing on Bremner right there is up to begin prepping for the office building? Or is it not that far ahead yet?

Harbour Street will end up with its lanes reworked, but the point is to get the overhead ramps out of there so that the park surrounded by the new towers here has a chance. This area needs this new central park as a gathering space to claim as the heart of the new community.

I wish the York Street ramp could stay after traffic has been rerouted to the new ramp. The old ramp could be converted for pedestrian use. I love the circular park the ramp defines both inside and outside of its perimeter. It's very cozy in there and the pedestrian ramp provides a nice urban view.

Do we know when the ramps will be removed?

There's been no formal schedule declared yet, but hopefully it comes down next year, and hopefully, this will be work that they'll find a way of expediting once it gets going. I assume they can pour the foundations for the new ramp pillars before taking down the old ones, and then build the new ramp with beams that are trucked in from offsite. The fewer months with no ramp the better.

There's been no formal schedule declared yet, but hopefully it comes down next year, and hopefully, this will be work that they'll find a way of expediting once it gets going. I assume they can pour the foundations for the new ramp pillars before taking down the old ones, and then build the new ramp with beams that are trucked in from offsite. The fewer months with no ramp the better.

Is there any chance that council can say 'this realignment will add to commute times and thus we should leave it as is' like the Gardiner East? Or is the proposed plan safe from DWM and Co?

Back