786     1 
News   May 09, 2024
 537     0 

Summer Ice Skating/Hockey

xsolarwindx

Member Bio
Reaction score
Hi all,

Does anyone know of any ice skating rinks open during the summer in Toronto? Either for recreational skating or for playing hockey. I've only recently begun getting good at skating and the season is almost over, and I would really really like to continue into the summer.

Whereabouts? I thought I had read that the rink at Harbourfront was going to be open year-round -- maybe that's in the future because when I just checked the website, it says it closes tomorrow. There are a number of places you can play hockey during the summer; I know people who play in summer leagues in Mississauga/Oakville for example. Here's a link with some info: http://www.toronto.ca/parks/recreation_facilities/skating/skating.htm

Whereabouts? I thought I had read that the rink at Harbourfront was going to be open year-round -- maybe that's in the future because when I just checked the website, it says it closes tomorrow. There are a number of places you can play hockey during the summer; I know people who play in summer leagues in Mississauga/Oakville for example. Here's a link with some info: http://www.toronto.ca/parks/recreation_facilities/skating/skating.htm

Near the University of Toronto area, or Scarborough area, either is fine. Thanks for the link, I found a rink. Does anyone know of any other rinks?

Also, wheres the best place to get your skates sharpened?

I just posted a link above that will answer everything and more.
As for a good place to get your skates done, I've just been taking mine to Sportchek in the eaton centre. I'm particular about my skates, and I've had no problems with the work they've done on them.

I just posted a link above that will answer everything and more.
As for a good place to get your skates done, I've just been taking mine to Sportchek in the eaton centre. I'm particular about my skates, and I've had no problems with the work they've done on them.

Thanks for the link. And thanks for the recommendation. I'll go try out sportchek.

Back