News   May 17, 2024
 2.5K     3 
News   May 17, 2024
 1.6K     3 
News   May 17, 2024
 10K     10 

St Lawrence Market

I need to report to Toronto Hydro the situation with the street lights around The Esplanade and Scadding. Some lights are on during the day, some are off at night, and some fixtures are hanging. They all seem to be the old green ones. It would be nice if they replaced the greens ones with the new ones that replicate the historical character of the neighbourhood. Has anyone else noticed?

I need to report to Toronto Hydro the situation with the street lights around The Esplanade and Scadding. Some lights are on during the day, some are off at night, and some fixtures are hanging. They all seem to be the old green ones. It would be nice if they replaced the greens ones with the new ones that replicate the historical character of the neighbourhood. Has anyone else noticed?

You can phone or use their email form - good luck getting the dreadful green lights replaced! Toronto Hydro - to report Hydro problems - including online reporting of broken street-lights. https://www.torontohydro.com/sites/...customercare/pages/reportastreetlightout.aspx (Or phone 416-542-3195, they are staffed 24/7)

According to the Corktown thread"

The Berkeley Cafe has gone out of business.

(Not that it matters, but it is or was actually in St Lawrence not Corktown - the overlap area is between Berkeley and Parliament.)

The heritage art at the corner of Front and Jarvis is FINALLY lit properly.
DSCN5270.JPG

Attachments

• DSCN5270.JPG
    DSCN5270.JPG
    378.6 KB · Views: 808
Received notice through the SLNA today that construction will finally be starting on Sherbourne from King south to Lakeshore. I had the understanding this was supposed to be completed this summer, anyone know why it's been delayed for about a year?

c6fYyVY.png

yFWE6xa.png

Received notice through the SLNA today that construction will finally be starting on Sherbourne from King south to Lakeshore. I had the understanding this was supposed to be completed this summer, anyone know why it's been delayed for about a year?
Toronto Hydro.

Though Phase 2 can't start with that construction hoarding at the SE corner of King and Sherbourne - presumably that's the delay into summer 2015.

Last edited:
I can't tell you how many times the dumptrucks going up Sherbourne at 5:30, with their bed / gate bouncing around over the busted roads, would wake me up. Easily one of the things I hated the most about living beside Sherbourne.

I can't tell you how many times the dumptrucks going up Sherbourne at 5:30, with their bed / gate bouncing around over the busted roads, would wake me up. Easily one of the things I hated the most about living beside Sherbourne.
Same thing happened when I lived at Esplanade & Jarvis - I was so happy to leave that place and the daily truck parade alarm clock.

Of course as soon as I moved, they resurfaced the road.

Received notice through the SLNA today that construction will finally be starting on Sherbourne from King south to Lakeshore.

I never thought I'd see the day: sidewalks are going in on the east side of Sherbourne St south of Front St. Toronto is now truly world class at last.

sherbourne_sidewalks.jpg

Attachments

• sherbourne_sidewalks.jpg
    sherbourne_sidewalks.jpg
    365.6 KB · Views: 600
I see a new "Irish" pub has opened at Adelaide and Ontario in the old EggSmart location - they have another location in Vaughan

KOAtJjP.jpg

I see a new "Irish" pub has opened at Adelaide and Ontario in the old EggSmart location - they have another location in Vaughan

I wish them the best, but that location seems to be doomed. An ever-changing series of bars and restaurants have each barely lasted a year. Its a weird no-man's land with few pedestrians compared to the nearby streets, and most cars are just barreling past on their way to the DVP. Perhaps once the Ivory condo just to the west is occupied they'll have a fighting chance.

Last edited:

Back