1K     0 
News   May 13, 2024
 746     0 

St Clair West Transportation Masterplan

Northern Light

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
I find it hard to believe we don't have a thread for this; but I can't seem to find one.

I know we've discussed many of the projects included within same.

At any rate..... in report to the June 29th meeting of the Government and Licensing Ctte, the City is seeking approval to expropriate multiple properties along Old Weston Road to facilitate the Davenport Road Extension.

Report here: https://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/mmis/2021/gl/bgrd/backgroundfile-168298.pdf

1624370142050.png

This project is part of several that are in the St. Clair West Transportation Masterplan, including a widened ROW over St. Clair for the rail corridor, and various other new streets and connections.

Also in the bigger picture is a new GO Station at St. Clair.

The City, in this report, notes that is in discussions with Metrolinx to bundle the work of this road extension with the new station; and further than Mx might carry out the expropriations if agreement is reached prior to the City acquiring the properties.

From said report:

1624370059494.png

Finally, a link to actual St. Clair West Transportation Masterplan:

Is this the first time Metrolinx would be delivering a main street/road like this? (i.e. rather than dealing with level crossings, pedestrian bridges, access roads out of stations etc.)

Not sure if its a first; or will be a first either.

But its not the only one, the City also has a deal w/Mx to deliver a new version of the McCowan/Progress intersection (at-grade to my understanding), with the City paying on delivery (estimated at 2027).

Not sure if its a first; or will be a first either.

But its not the only one, the City also has a deal w/Mx to deliver a new version of the McCowan/Progress intersection (at-grade to my understanding), with the City paying on delivery (estimated at 2027).
Any idea when the property owners will Be contacted by metrolinx with offers or expropriated?

Any idea when the property owners will Be contacted by metrolinx with offers or expropriated?

Not really.

We need to see a 'delivery date' to give an indication, absent any specific statement.

A report on this project is headed to next week's General Government Ctte.

The report is in service of the required expropriations to move forward.

As these may/will impact several development threads here, I will flag @Paclo

Image below shows some of the impacted properties, the solid black outlines properties that will be 100% taken.

1710859478816.png

1710859712955.png

Here's the print list of the takings:

1710859617044.png

1710859644846.png

1710859668702.png

Back