Square One Shopping Centre

Design Create as expected will be moving out of the mall at the end of March, beside Walters.

I believe Waters will be gone as well by month end.

The Bulk Barn is supposed to move to where PJ pets was located and no date at this time.

All remaining stores on the north side of that area will either be relocated or out of the mall by June.

I was drawing a blank on William Ashley name, but it was gone and shows how much I look at thing in the mall in the past.

I am not sure where the location is going to be for the new elevator going west from the food court, but a couple of stores on both levels will have to vacate to make for it.

Target opens in 2 weeks.

Is Scotiabank moving/closing? They are my bank...

Square One is not Gerrard Square. That's why.

That might be your opinion but I suspect most people at Square One would disagree about whether or not it belongs. Maybe you see cheap food and think that has no place at Square One but I see a number of items that are very hard to find in most grocery stores.

Square One doesn't just cater to one particular economic level; it caters to an entire city of over 600,000, not to mention others in the GTA and Greater GTA, and has a range of retailers to match.

Square One doesn't just cater to one particular economic level; it caters to an entire city of over 600,000, not to mention others in the GTA and Greater GTA, and has a range of retailers to match.
And Mississauga will never be urban if it uses a mall to cater to a city. Bulk Barn deserves it's own store with an entrance outside somewhere in the City Centre.

And Mississauga will never be urban if it uses a mall to cater to a city. Bulk Barn deserves it's own store with an entrance outside somewhere in the City Centre.

OH!!! You mean the one like Shoppers world??? No Thanks.

So that it's less convenient to shop there while shopping at Square One? Like it or not the mall isn't going anywhere and a store of that nature best serves its market inside the mall.

Here is the article from G&M- doubt it comes to pass, and Sherway retains the store. Interesting non-the less. If this falls through hopefully they go after Simon's or some other large store retailer.

http://m.theglobeandmail.com/globe-investor/store-wars-retail-landlords-battle-for-high-end-tenants/article9862235/?service=mobile

Anyone know how the theatre is doing? I know they had many $2 movies this week for March break- not sure if thats typical for March Break at other places. I assume that is where they would try to put a large anchor store.

Last edited:
I agree Simons would be a better fits than Holt's.

The article is way more vague than RI's headline... smells like a negotiating tactic.

Or like when you're six and you play off two friends against each other:
"Hey Sherway if you won't be my best friend - I'll make Square One my bestie."

Here is the article from G&M- doubt it comes to pass, and Sherway retains the store. Interesting non-the less. If this falls through hopefully they go after Simon's or some other large store retailer.

http://m.theglobeandmail.com/globe-investor/store-wars-retail-landlords-battle-for-high-end-tenants/article9862235/?service=mobile

Anyone know how the theatre is doing? I know they had many $2 movies this week for March break- not sure if thats typical for March Break at other places. I assume that is where they would try to put a large anchor store.

Pretty gutsy move if true. What's next, a Holt's at Oshawa Centre?. Pretty ridiculous. Could be the downfall of Holt's if they're not careful. Branding is the key to sucess.... i don't think the elites want to fight traffic and rub shoulders with Walmart and Target shopppers just to get to Holt's.

Pretty gutsy move if true. What's next, a Holt's at Oshawa Centre?. Pretty ridiculous. Could be the downfall of Holt's if they're not careful. Branding is the key to sucess.... i don't think the elites want to fight traffic and rub shoulders with Walmart and Target shopppers just to get to Holt's.

The thing with the mall is walking distance to numerous new condos with many more being built. So there will always be a demand for the wal Mart stores, but many of those people will want higher end stores as well. I live right here and usually go to sherway for real shopping because lack of selection. Again I doubt holts will show up, they probably just want to pay cheaper rates at sherway. Really it's about sales per sqaure foot- sherway is good because it gets the Toronto traffic which square one never will.

Btw Lacoste is now open, and target opens up on the 28th.

There is talks that the theater days are number. Never could understand why they put one in during the expansion considering there was a major one across the street from it. AMC was another one.

Putting the Holt store where the theater would be off the beaten track, but allows for drive up drop off for it, since there is one there now.

Odd opening on the 28 since there was talk it would this weekend.

Back