Square One Shopping Centre

Apple is relocating to the centre court, 2nd floor (unit 2-222):
Apple.png

Floor Plan.png

Apple is relocating to the centre court, 2nd floor (unit 2-222):
View attachment 507256
View attachment 507257
Interesting. Unit 2-222 alone doesn't look that big. Looking on the current Square One website, it appears 2-262 and 2-230 (everything from Levi's to Indochino) are vacant, so maybe Apple will take all of it. Otherwise it wouldn't seem worth moving to 2-222 if they don't get extra space on top of that. I'm just speculating though.

Interesting. Unit 2-222 alone doesn't look that big. Looking on the current Square One website, it appears 2-262 and 2-230 (everything from Levi's to Indochino) are vacant, so maybe Apple will take all of it. Otherwise it wouldn't seem worth moving to 2-222 if they don't get extra space on top of that. I'm just speculating though.
White House/Black Market, Morphe and Massimo Dutti have been out for a while. Indochino is also moving. Quite possible that Apple is taking all of that space.

I'm surprised Marks and Spencer was still in Square one in 1997. I thought they left the Canadian market much earlier.

Also, I don't remember the retailer Ashbrooks. Does anyone know what did they sell?
Ashbrooks sold towels, linen's etc. Very similar to Linen Chest that is in the mall now.

Ashbrooks was a giant kitchen and bathroom store, from what I recall.

Marks & Spencer was definitely around in 1997. I worked across from one in the Holt Renfrew Centre. I think it closed in 1999.

If I remember correctly, the M&S was located in Manulife where Bretton's used to be (now Indigo).

AoD

No, it was only on the concourse level of the Holt Renfrew Centre, pretty far on the east-end. Across the hallway from HMV Bloor.
Marks and Spencers also had street front access on Bloor in the Holt Renfrew Centre, I believe it was the Zara (Arcteryx) space.

Some sort of 50th anniversary event this morning. The mayor attended (glad to see she showed up for work today and took a break from campaigning for a new job) and there was a trivia contest as well.
20231005_111309.jpg

Not surprising.

STC did something similar back in June. Events like this are simply a way to drive traffic into the mall i.e. Look at what we did!

Stores on main floor being cleared out from Walmart, around to Carters. Best Buy Mobile, Build-A-Bear and Perfume store moving or already moved. Bulk Barn recently closed. Not sure about status of Wireless Wave and Bailey Nelson Optical, Seems like the deck is being cleared for something big to go in? Or is it coincidence?

Back