Square One Shopping Centre

Or think bigger - a new intermodal terminal for both GO and MT in the basement with rough-in LRT station, retail podium + hotel on top.

AoD

I always why they are building the new bus station for GO seperate from the Square One transit terminal.

Because the whole city centre transit terminal file is a decadal exercise in shortsightedness.

AoD

Metrolinx is so clueless. They are supposed to be making the region more integrated and instead of thinking big and looking at opportunities to integrate with the city centre terminl, look at where they built the GO Bus Terminal.

Happened to be at this mall today and noticed that it was the last day for French Connection.

That leaves Sherway and Vaughan Mills as FCUK's only 2 stores in the GTA.

In the second store, which is larger than the first store, food items and children’s clothing will be sold for the first time in Canada. Also, there will be expanded furniture display area which will be four times larger with more selections than the first store.

Yes! Muji food!

AoD

And according to the leasing plan, a Massimo Dutti too. Looks to be part of Harry Rosen along with Hugo Boss. Is that normal?

Their food is good but nothing worth making a special trip. What made them so popular in Japan, and such an object of nostalgia for those of us who used to live there, is they were often the only source of certain western foods in the early and mid 90s that didn't involve ridiculously over-priced foreign food shops in the major cities. I was a big fan of their Thai curry paste and Tom Yum paste.

Sport Chek and Dollarama open a week ago on Nov 20 in the basement.

The new Dollarama is hard to say if its smaller, same size or larger than their old place since its square and not cut up like the old one. Its in the basement with no working elevator at this time if you require one.

Sport Chek has a small floor area at entrance 8, but has the full lower level of the old Sears store. This means La Maison Simons has parts of the existing 2 remaining floors of the old Sears.

Urban Outfitter open a few weeks ago and like the unfinished wood look as well the old doors being used for the entrance.

Sport Chek and Dollarama open a week ago on Nov 20 in the basement.

The new Dollarama is hard to say if its smaller, same size or larger than their old place since its square and not cut up like the old one. Its in the basement with no working elevator at this time if you require one.

I'm curious about the Dollar Store layout. I haven't been there so I can only go by the map and what you describe seems quite different from what the map shows. (i.e. the basement)

Or do all the basement references only apply to SportChek?

I'm curious about the Dollar Store layout. I haven't been there so I can only go by the map and what you describe seems quite different from what the map shows. (i.e. the basement)

Or do all the basement references only apply to SportChek?
Both are in the basement.

Sport Chek upper level is a small store layout with escalators to the lower level and saw no elevator for it. Anyone Needing an elevator will require a person going for a long trip to find one and a lot of back tracking.

Dollarama is at entrance 7? where the sewing place used to be. Small ground entrance to get you to the basement that has a elevator and escalator. Haven't seen the new map and assuming it showing where it is on the ground floor for the entrance to it. Similar to Dufferin Mall and other ones that has the store in the basement.

Looks like there could be room for another retail store in the Sport Chek corridor since its mostly blank wall now.

Contained in this article about Planet Fitness taking over the former Target location in Westdale Mall is the following:

As of today. Square One has no news. That said, there have been persistent (but unconfirmed) rumors that Bass Pro Shop might be eyeing the ample retail space.

This is the first I'm hearing of this rumour; has anyone else heard this one? If it's true that would be a great addition to the mall though I wonder if there would be major renovations to the current structure or if they would tear it down and rebuild it in the traditional style of a Bass Pro. I assume the latter and I also assume it would be closer in size to the smaller version in Niagara on the Lake, as opposed to the (almost) full sized version at Vaughan Mills.

Back