South Beach Condos & Lofts (Amexon Development Group) - Real Estate -

Our unit is off by considerably more than 2%. Our friend works in highrise construction. The wall sepaarating the units is cement, so there should be no loss of space due to drywall.

I have some news for you all!!! For those of you who purchased a unit from 2008 before construction began, the market value per square foot was approximately $380. It was in the $300-$400 range I forget the exact number but I believe it was $380. It is now about $508 per square foot and we haven't even moved in yet. At least we can say that makes up for the lost square footage.

Uniqunik, the actual unit cost was $455 per square foot and this depends at what floor you are on, as there was a $1500 premium for every floor. Now lets say for argument sake, you lose 50-100sq ft from the actual floor plan, try selling that at $508 a sq ft. You actually break even. Also keep in mind, your paying maintenance fees on sq footage you don't have plus paying property taxes on a unit that is over inflated in price.

yeah but you're forgetting the pre construction discount, locker and parking spot. I have the exact numbers here from Beginning of sales untill now from realnet. But these are averages, $359 per sq. foot June 2008 - Current value $506 per sq. ft. Keep in mind this is market value what you pay is a different story but this is what you can base the pricing of your unit on to have an idea of what it's worth

Last edited:
I guess in the process of discussion a bunch of things came out, such as not really being able to resell the "den" as a den through Trebnet, and if you got the 2nd bedroom in the back without a window whether you can call that a 2nd bedroom (den seems more appropriate). As well, the smaller square footage of the units now. So even though we've got the great finishes, it really starts to dawn on you whether it's as great as it sounded even at $360/sq.ft.

For the person saying that she lost ~100sqft is simply impossible. Sorry but I think you don't know how to do proper measurement. It happens. Not everyone can read the initial measurements from the floorplan and can use the measuring tape properly.

I would have believed you if you said the difference is a few square feet but 100sqft??? come on that is a whole bedroom... That would end up as a breaking news on CP24...
When I measured my unit, the difference was as expected (a few sq ft)... but that's only because everyone measures from behind the wall... once your incorporate this into your calcs you get exactly what you paid for.... I did the measurements using both old school measuring tape and digital laser 'tool'...

I'm on the 21st floor with the my move in date being March 9th and I'm still waiting to be called in for my PDI. I have called them many times and they keep giving me the round around. Should I be worried?

Marmar, I have had the same experience. I'm on the 25th flr and still no pdi. I spoke with Jackie at the sales centre this past weekend and she mentioned I would be getting a call this week....nothing yet. Also, not sure if this applies to your unit, but I did receive a two week delay notice last week...which probably also explains why no pdi as of yet.

My PDI was last week and occupancy is 21st...i am on the 5th floor.
Just wondering though...according to my occupancy terms...its ONLY ~600/month...NOT sure if i am reading it wrong...can anyone share their thoughts?
I always thought the occupancy is around the mortgage amount..which for me is over $1000/month easy...but if I reading it right then YAHOO...i mean YAH hoooo..LOL.

what did you guys take the Rogers or Bell package? I don't know which company is a better choice. Only thing I can see is to take bell as it's 6 mo's free vs Rogers' 3 months, but overall which company provides better internet?

what did you guys take the Rogers or Bell package? I don't know which company is a better choice. Only thing I can see is to take bell as it's 6 mo's free vs Rogers' 3 months, but overall which company provides better internet?

i took the rogers package
you will be happy with the choice
even though they are expensive they have better tv/internet
thats my opinion
and how are people finding out what the monthly payments are already????

Back