South Beach Condos & Lofts (Amexon Development Group) - Real Estate -

My husband and I purchased a unit as well, and our PDI did not go so well. We were also wondering if anyone measured their unit and found a discrepency in square footage. My husband and I did measure and it turns out that our unit is significantly smaller than our floor plans.

I posted the same earlier. I did a quick measurement and we lost 5 inch in depth and a foot in length in the living / dining space alone. Also lost half a foot in the second bedroom in both width and length. I have noticed that the main wall goes in deeper (3 inches) next to the balcony door. Maybe it was measured from there. It's not fair since it is only 2 inches wide.
What unit are you in?

An moving in this Wednesday. Did anyone move in yet? We are also planning on renting out our parking spot. Don't know what's the price range for that area!!

We actually went around with a measuring tape and it was more for us than what you are stating. We have roughly lost almost a whole bedroom size. We are in the Sagamore plan layout. What unit are you in?

Im new to this site and my wife and I purchased the Sagamore Suite as well in phase 2. Losing a bedroom size in total seems extensive and I understand how this is upsetting. Where was the most impact done on the measurements, was it the living/dining, 2nd bedrm or master ?

I just signed up today as well. We purchased in the first building. All the rooms were smaller than the layout states but the living/dining area took the most hit.

Wow, that makes me a little nervous especially not being able to view the unit we purchased for another year. If you can would you mind sending me some info on the measurements yourself and your husband got. I was and am still happy with purchasing that unit but this kind of info really makes me think twice.

I know in the contract they're allowed some margin for room sizes, but don't remember what the margin is. I think 3%. If you're beyond that, not sure how that would work, would there have to be an adjustment to purchase price accordingly?

I'm in the Green Tower so my move-in is a year+ away. But I'm following the Blue Towers developments closely.

i am in the Tides. The measurements are usually done from behind the drywall, thus two inches there are gone. There is also the space under the sliders that is useless and it is quite big if you have triple sliders as we have.
All in all we are still very excited with all the finishes and upgrades.

They are allowed a 2% margin. Based on the measurements that we took it more than the 2% allowance. I'm not sure how they are going to rectify this issue but some way or another they better be compensating.

I also for to mention that our den, isnt really a den at all. It's the size of a pantry!!! I will post pictures later on.

Last edited:
I purchased the Seville suite. I didn't measure the rooms during my P.D.I. but by visual inspection the kitchen area and dining area seemed to be slightly smaller than the said dimensions. Just so you all know much of the lost square footage is due to the walls, as the floor plan is measured from the concrete underneath the drywall. That's not to say though that the developer didn't shrink all the units down even from the concrete itself which is what I think happened.

My question is don't the engineers properly calculate the damn layouts? I know when it comes to designing machinery all dimensions are exact to the thousandths of an inch. These civil engineers can't get it accurate to the damn square foot. Plus I actually had one strange spot where the wall is 3 x 3 inches deeper in one corner and the wall in that small space is not straight it's on a 60 degree angle.

If they were within the 2% I'm not all that worried. I love the project, love the finishings and its gonna be a great place to live at for years to come. I look forward to seeing your suite photos...

Back