Toronto Solaris at Metrogate Condos | ?m | 40s | Tridel | Graziani + Corazza COMPLETE

We sent notices to all our purchasers whose occupancy may be affected by the strike.

March 28 2010 update

here's to my wish that no construction strike (hence further delay) occurs ~ :eek:

Northwest Elevations - Solaris 1 @ 27th floor, Solaris 2 @ 23rd floor
Click to Enlarge

Southwest Elevations

Southeast Elevations

Northeast Elevations

Some Close-Ups

Southeast Elevations

Any idea how the exterior of the parking area will be clad? I am guessing with some standard precast, making the podium everyone will see from the 401 similar to Ellipse to the east. The towers for Solaris and Ellipse are not bad, but the above grade parking podiums look like crap from the 401.

April 5 2010 update

Solaris 1 @ 29th floor, Solaris 2 @ 25th floor ~

Complete 360 Degree View of Solaris - new vantage points added
Click to Enlarge

Lobby Entrance Taking Shape

Future Daycare

May 1 2010 update

Solaris 1 @ 33rd floor, Solaris 2 @ 30th floor - getting closer to the top :)
Click to Enlarge

View from the South - shows Solaris relative to the Delta Hotel

Windows for the Lobby are all in ~

im not sure if this has been pointed out, but i just thought that id mention that I find this project looks similar to another tridel condo (360). There are some obvious differences, but the similiarities are striking (excuse my lack of terminology), but the glass portion of 360 looks similar, also both are not your standard box/square shapes...however solaris has a huge square at the bottom? What is that called? A podium?

The podium's the parking garage. Ordinarily, I'm not a fan of above grade grade garages however, the majority of this parking structure faces a rail corridor and the 401. The above grade parking also makes the towers taller which is never a bad thing

I don't mind the above grade parking garage at this site ... as maestro noted, given the adjacent Highway 401 and railway, nobody would want to live that close to these 'attractions'

My only quibble is the use of metal grills on some of the window openings in the podium garage which look too utilitarian, whereas the scaled model showed all openings as vision glass

Click to Enlarge

No word so far ... I hear that the 'potential' plubming trades strike previously rumoured was settled and all things are back to normal now ~

Perhaps TWM can shed some light?

May 9 2010 update

As for Solaris ...

Northwest Elevations
Click to Enlarge

Solaris 1 @ 35th floor

Solaris 2 @ 31st floor

Southeast Elevations

Northeast Elevations - the 2nd shot being a marketing material worthy image? (love that sun) ;)

View from Delta's Parking Garage

The Parking Garage Podium

Balcony Railing Installation Begins ~

View from Highway 401

Any news on the Potential Occupancy Delay for Solaris?

The majority of the construction trades have renewed their work contracts. The remaining negotiations appear to be going well so the building industry remains cautiously optimistic that labour disruptions will be avoided.

Thanks for the update on the strike TWM ... and thanks for getting the Solaris site webcam fixed ... good to see it is funcational again today ~ :)

image1.jpg

source: http://www.ucitonline.com/solaris/

Good news! It looks like all the trades have settled their contracts. Tridel purchasers can expect to receive further updates from Customer Care and Sales Offices soon.

Back