Toronto Solaris at Metrogate Condos | ?m | 40s | Tridel | Graziani + Corazza COMPLETE

really?? so funny.... I'll be above ya~ howdy neighbour!

yeah it would have been nice if the LRT at least loops down to Metrogate, but from the sounds of things it won't... we can only dream (or get yourself a nice car)

really?? so funny.... I'll be right above ya~ howdy neighbour!

yeah it would have been nice if the LRT at least loops down to Metrogate, but from the sounds of things it won't... we can only dream (or get yourself a nice car)

By that time I'm betting Hybrids will be affordable!

Last edited:
Kinda am hoping for the LRT at least :/

The LRT won't go anywhere near Metrogate and until/unless the punch a road through the CP tracks, it's a good 1km walk. The Metrogate area has potential but it'll take many years for it to all work out, for the infrastructure to be built, for the industrial sites to be replaced, etc. You'll be a suburban pioneer! The entire Agincourt area could benefit greatly from something like a huge urban design study...the current secondary plan is rather vague and does almost nothing to guide the area into a future in which it could be a really attractive urban area. I've said before that Scarborough would have turned out very different if the municipal facilities at STC were placed somewhere else...Agincourt with a city hall and a few more office buildings - but no regional mall like STC - would have become a booming mini-downtown.

sadly scarberiankhatru ... I have learned that the road (now renamed to Village Green Square) will never be extended easterly across the railway tracks to connect Emblem Court due to CNR's concern of safety and trespassing in the railway corridor

That's a lame excuse for "never"...too bad the city's so impotent in these matters to do something about it. We can send people to the moon and to die in Afghanistan but we can't build a simple road because some kids might hop a chain link fence and get run over by a train that comes once an hour. There won't even be any kids living in Metrogate!

well hopefully they will extend the road connections northerly across the CPR track as planned some day, the last I heard there were no issues, it is just a matter of time as lands to the north are redeveloped, the bridge underpass would happen

Sheppard East LRT

I think its a done deal already that the Sheppard LRT will be running east-west exclsively along the Sheppard corridor, in short Metrogate will not be serviced by higher order transit (subway/LRT) in anytime soon ... sad, but expected

3D Models

Just something I put together on Metrogate ... including building details on Solaris and the 'coming soon' Ventus

Last edited:
thanks ... but please don't compare this with the PROs ... haha I just did this ONE out of my interest on this particular project

Facebook Group Created

I've started a FACEBOOK group for Solaris @ Metrogate and would like to invite any purchasers / future residents to join to get to know each other and to have a sounding board for advice while we wait for these towers to rise!! hope to see you soon ~

Nice job on Sketchup, Solaris. This is my rendition of Metrogate based on the earliest renderings.

One thing I am quite shocked about is how the Solaris buildings literally tower over the Delta hotel. I've recently done a Delta model, and I've viewed it in Google Earth with Metrogate. At first sight I thought I made Delta way too short. Your renderings seem to show that I got the scale right... and Delta is going to look really tiny when Metrogate is complete!

indeed Delta would be tiny compared to Solaris once constructed simply for the fact one is 14 storeys while the other is 40 storeys, even accounting for the higher floor-to-floor heights of a hotel the difference is still quite dramatic

Back