514     0 
News   May 21, 2024
 398     0 

Snow Storm, Downtown Toronto Dec. 16th

dt_toronto_geek

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
By 2pm, there seems to be about 8" - 10" (20 - 25cm) of snowfall in the Yonge/Bloor - Yonge/Carlton areas. 1' - 1 1/2" drifts. Nothing earth shattering, but pretty.

I'll begin with these two dolts in the Village on Wellesley Street, east of Church

PICT1049-cen.jpg

PICT1050.jpg

The Village

PICT1037.jpg

PICT1048.jpg

PICT1047.jpg

PICT1046.jpg

PICT1045.jpg

PICT1042.jpg

PICT1041.jpg

Maitland at Church, walking in the street is easier than many of the un-shoveled sidewalks

PICT1040.jpg

PICT1038.jpg

PICT1037-1.jpg

Jarvis & Charles/Mt. Pleasant

PICT1015.jpg

PICT1019.jpg

Yonge & Gloucester St

PICT1027.jpg

Yonge & St. Joseph St

PICT1028.jpg

PICT1029.jpg

Yonge & Carlton/College area

PICT1030.jpg

PICT1031.jpg

PICT1032.jpg

PICT1033.jpg

PICT1034.jpg

Maple Leaf Gardens

PICT1035.jpg

By 2pm, there seems to be about 8" - 10" (20 - 25cm) of snowfall in the Yonge/Bloor - Yonge/Carlton areas. 1' - 1 1/2" drifts. Nothing earth shattering, but pretty.

I'll begin with these two dolts in the Village on Wellesley Street, east of Church

PICT1031.jpg

I've said it before and I've said it again, love this street wall.

Great shots. I hope you were out walking the dog at least, as there was no other sane reason to take that tour. Nice work!

Yes, out with the dog as usual, Labrador Retrievers love snow! A 45 minute walk turned into 2 hours but the snow is nice for a change.

awesome thanks! 1 more week and ill be back in toronto:D cant wait to see the snow!!!

btw.. . im coming up with my balck lab, do you have any good suggestions where i should take her for a long walk in the downtown area?

Lower Riverdale Park (east or west) is the best, there's several areas in U of T, the Island, Cherry Beach and several off-leash parks around. Most days we do about two hours of walking and socializing with people and other dogs.

.. nicely done dt_t_g.

I thought since you started the thread I'd add a few from my travels today as well.

Snowstorm.jpg

Snowstorm1.jpg

Snowstorm3.jpg

Snowstorm2.jpg

Snowstorm5.jpg

Snowstorm4.jpg

Snowstorm6.jpg

Snowstorm7.jpg

i put these up in the weather thread but it seem they are more appropriate here.

i went to the don valley brick works and it was great. i was pretty much the only one there and it felt great. the storm was still kicking aroudn 4pm when i was there, espeically on top of the hill. almost blew me off. the climb up the hill was treacherous. other than that, i loved the look of the brick works cuz it looked more abandoned than usual.

DSC04779.jpg

DSC04780.jpg

DSC04781.jpg

DSC04782.jpg

DSC04783.jpg

DSC04784.jpg

DSC04786.jpg

DSC04787.jpg

DSC04789.jpg

DSC04790.jpg

DSC04791.jpg

DSC04793.jpg

DSC04794.jpg

DSC04795.jpg

DSC04796.jpg

DSC04797.jpg

DSC04798.jpg

DSC04801.jpg

DSC04802.jpg

DSC04804.jpg

DSC04806.jpg

DSC04808.jpg

DSC04809.jpg

Complicated names like yours dt_toronto_geek have to be copied not typed in. Loved the photos. When it first falls, especially this much, it often looks like a postcard. But then it gets dirty and it causes disruptions and it has to be moved ... you know the routine.

Smuncky your first few in the trees were quite a change in pace after the city photos and were like being somewhere deep in Canadian forest. But I particularly like that lonely pique-nique table and what looked like an old industrial building, the most.

cabeman that first photo could have been from Old Toronto with its sepia tones. I hope you don't mind my using it as computer wallpaper. And by the way, why did you take that picture behind the screen, for effect or no other choice?

CSW2424, that PT Cruiser looked out of place, but it made your picture memorable.

Thanks to one and all for sharing. :)

dt_geek: photo #1: why are ppl wearing shorts in the winter? Nuts! (reminds me of Mendelson Joe circa 1997 Brunswick Avenue (he lived just down the street from me and always wore shorts in the winter and pants in the summer!)

The order of the photographs as I present them are actually backwards in the way I walked today. Those two nuts were the last photos that I took before entering my building but I had to highlight them first, they made me laugh and they were most unique considering it was -15C with the wind chill.

O/T for a sec., urbandreamer I really enjoy your comments on this board. Your opinions are always interesting, thought provoking and witty. Don't let the comments of a few trolls dampen your spirit. There are a few other dozen contributors who also provide us with great knowledge, stimulating opinion, education on all things urban and humour (US, you're classic!). All you folks and many other serious contributors, make this board the great success that it is.

dt_geek: photo #1: why are ppl wearing shorts in the winter? Nuts! (reminds me of Mendelson Joe circa 1997 Brunswick Avenue (he lived just down the street from me and always wore shorts in the winter and pants in the summer!)

Probably from Vancouver.

Those two nuts were the last photos that I took before entering my building but I had to highlight them first, they made me laugh and they were most unique considering it was -15C with the wind chill.

The temperature reading on the Manulife building shows as -7C, so maybe they thought it was a heat wave of some kind. That might explain their shorts. ;)

cabeman that first photo could have been from Old Toronto with its sepia tones. I hope you don't mind my using it as computer wallpaper. And by the way, why did you take that picture behind the screen, for effect or no other choice?

Thanks Zephyr, I like that one too (and am using it as desktop wallpaper as well).

The picture from behind the screen is from the enclosed walkway over Queen Street between the Eaton Centre and The Bay, I just happened to be crossing through and thought it would be a bit of a different angle on the street scene.

Good Toronto snowstorm pics!

DTG and all: Good Snowstorm pics! I did not realize that Toronto got that much snow-along the coast as I am outside NYC-we had here on LI perhaps 2 inches of snow and ice in the first Thursday storm and then this past Sunday we had predominately rain-it got too warm to snow(the low 40s F.). I feel that the first storm was worse-with the ice-then the second storm for us down here in the NYC area. Toronto and other Great Lakes cities know how to handle snow-compared to places on the Atlantic coast. LI MIKE

Back