News   May 17, 2024
 2.7K     3 
News   May 17, 2024
 1.8K     3 
News   May 17, 2024
 10K     10 

should i invest into L tower?

You won't find pre-construction prices for $450-500 PSF in the downtown core. In 2008 they were selling pre-construction for $550+ PSF. 300 Front was selling at $575+ PSF. Charlie was $450+. I think London on Esplanade was around $500+ PSF back in 2006 or so? Currently resaling around $600 PSF. L Tower lower floors are selling at $585+ PSF. None of these prices include parking and locker.

I'm not sure about the resale of prices on the east end, but looking at MLS, the prices seem to be going for $400+ PSF. Cheapest 1+1 near the harbourfront area is $230k probably no locker and parking and a tiny room.
Some 1+1 go as high as 340k. Probably has parking and locker and an older building with more sq ft.
You can get older resale units for $350 per sq ft. a block away.

media_01922cbeae89ad4d79ab769e84e7c5da.jpg

That's the building on the right, south of London on Esplanade (which is another overpriced building). What you won't get:

1) Balconies
2) Pool
3) Granite countertops
4) Stainless steel appliances
5) Outrageous pricing

...building on the right, south of London on Esplanade

also known as 'The Esplanade' condominiums, municipally addressed as 25 The Esplanade ... I've never been inside, but I've heard it is well maintained and pretty nice :)

http://www.realtor.ca/propertyDetails.aspx?propertyId=8163844

If you bought that you could put 50k to swank it out and you'd be on par with the London. Their interior seems quite nice. I don't know if I like the layouts though... very 80's ... galley kitchens are pretty bad... might have to rip that out and put in a proper kitchen... which should be covered in the 50k.

Won't the new building that's being proposed for the parking lot block their sunny west exposure?

Last edited:
It will definitely block some portion of that view... a little too close for a tower that size. It's not like it can be offset on a site that small.

Back