News   May 10, 2024
 734     0 
News   May 10, 2024
 867     0 
News   May 10, 2024
 934     0 

Sheppard East LRT Renderings

They didn't look at grass paving blocks.

beautiful-grassy-pavers.jpg
Can you imagine what that would look like when the winter salt gets on (presuming we get another winter)? Or a long-summer drought? Or should we run watering truckings on it when it's hot, and reseed every spring.

Can you imagine what that would look like when the winter salt gets on (presuming we get another winter)? Or a long-summer drought? Or should we run watering truckings on it when it's hot, and reseed every spring.

Are streetcar ROWs salted? I didn't think they were, or even plowed.

I had some time off and checked out the Agincourt Grade seperation. The road isn't paved yet but they are putting the curbs in and then I guess they will pave the road. Their is an extra two curbs in the center as well and I think that is going to be for the Sheppard East LRT!

I was hoping the Agincourt GO station and the TTC's SELRT would have a bit more convenient transfer then how its shaping up to be (maybe something like the St. Clair streetcar when it enters the subway station at the St. Clair West station). That would be a lot more difficult here on Sheppard because the car traffic is below grade as well- not like St. Clair West station.

The viva stations I'm sure will be magnitudes of times nicer then whatever the TTC builds.

Moreover, they took the opportunity to rebuild the sidewalk and plant hundreds of streets in proper planters across the entire stretch (okay to be fair they had to add a lane hence redoing the sidewalk). Hi-way 7 is a lot more built up then many parts of Sheppard to boot .....

The Agincourt Grade seperation is really coming along- they have the concret down on the east bound lanes under the GO overpass. I think they will either start on the SELRT concrete next or pave over the concrete next. Pretty soon the diverted traffic will be diverted again to go under the new GO overpass and they will start working on the west bound lanes next. I know this grade seperation had to have been done because of the Sheppard East LRT but I hope the Privince and/pr city finds more funds to grade seperate more at level crossings in the near future, not only this Stouffville line, but the busier GO Lakeshore East where it crosses Morningside- it would be good for the road traffic including the busy 116 bus route as well as the commuter rail traffic.

I wonder what would happen to the Sheppard Line if this LRT project gets approved.
What do you mean? The Sheppard subway line? The LRT project was approved back in 2009. It's still approved (despite Ford's efforts). Nothing has happened to the subway line. I guess there'll be some construction in Don Mills station to convert the north platform to LRT ... is that what you mean?

Back