News   May 08, 2024
 1.2K     2 
News   May 08, 2024
 1.2K     2 

Scotia Tower - discount window repair

nicetommy

Member Bio
Reaction score
For the last couple of months there's been this green thing stuck on one of the west side windows near the top of the Scotia Tower. Looking at it from a distance, I thought it looked somewhat like a vaccuum cleaner (maybe an Ad of some sorts, I had thought)

5077764086_d5b0946396_o.jpg

Anyways, I took a zoom shot when I was downtown a few weeks ago, and it looks like duct tape and 2 other items have been taped over what I'm assuming is a cracked window pane. It's been like this for atleast 2 months.

5077169309_6b548b7658_b.jpg

looks unsalvageable--i think we should tear it down. anyway, the Big Zipper has always been an extremely annoying building.

023ca4ed.jpg

Maybe it's hard to get a panel of glass that would match the rest of the building perfectly and there's some waiting involved. At least, I hope there's a good explanation.

looks like somebody had a bad day at the office.

Based on the first picture, it looks like that particular panel is not an actual window one can see out of (that would be the row just above it). It looks to be a panel over a solid wall, so not likely someone inside could take their frustrations out on.

I noticed a few days ago the workers were busy removing the cracked window panel. They haven't replaced the window yet, but atleast the ugly duct-tape covered panel isn't there anymore. It's now just black. I wonder if Urban Toronto's teasing about it last week had something to do with it?

5102856533_d8f3b777f2_o.jpg

Back