30     0 
News   May 17, 2024
 3.1K     5 
News   May 17, 2024
 2.2K     3 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know why it matters where the rest of the money is going. Why can't it just go in his pocket? I'm sure he's not the only rich person on eBay selling off their junk. When he sets up a table at City Hall during his working hours to sign and sell bobbleheads --- yeah, I can kind of see why that had better be for charity (doesn't actually justify misuse of work hours, but in that case it's better than saying it's just for your own profit).

If he wants to sell his tie and jammies on eBay (and some fools actually want to pay for them), it's his business. I suppose he made it an issue himself by stating that 10% is going to charity. It's weird and gross that he's selling used, tacky clothes -- but I don't see the outrage in him keeping the rest of the money.

It's because it shows how cheap he, a multi-millionaire is. He is going to get a fortune for his 90% and a tax receipt for the 10%. All because he's infamous.

I don't know why it matters where the rest of the money is going. Why can't it just go in his pocket? I'm sure he's not the only rich person on eBay selling off their junk. When he sets up a table at City Hall during his working hours to sign and sell bobbleheads --- yeah, I can kind of see why that had better be for charity (doesn't actually justify misuse of work hours, but in that case it's better than saying it's just for your own profit).

If he wants to sell his tie and jammies on eBay (and some fools actually want to pay for them), it's his business. I suppose he made it an issue himself by stating that 10% is going to charity. It's weird and gross that he's selling used, tacky clothes -- but I don't see the outrage in him keeping the rest of the money.

That's fine, but he should at least tell us where the money was going.

Well, no sign of him so far in Ocho Rios. But then again, he strikes me as a never-leave-the-resort-property kinda guy. I'm sure he'll have his ganja brought to him.

I can't say that I feel "outrage", and I don't agree with folks who feel such a strong emotion about it as "outrage" - he's not worth that kind of emotional investment. If anything, I now almost feel something like pity for him:
- he's going through a difficult treatment
- he's got small kids and (when he remembers that, by age at least, he's an adult) must wonder what happens if the worst happens to him,
- he has a desperate need for attention or he has to stoop to these low levels of attention to keep his name alive for the election in 2018 already, and how does he fill the next 3.5 years?
At least today, he doesn't bring out anger or annoyance in me. What's the word when you think that someone is pretty much pathetic?

Hi JG... Haha. I was hoping my post would draw you out. Your memory is good. Thanks for the clarification. A quick question: My understanding is that a surgeon operating on a cancer will remove the tumour as well as surrounding tissue where more cancer cells might be hiding. If the region around the part that's been cut out tests negative for cancer, the you have "negative margins." Have I got that right?

That's exactly right!

I have always found the use of radiation in treatment and detection of a diseases like cancer interesting.

Particularly since MRI emits no ionizing radiation. What do you find interesting otherwise?

At least four reasons, off the top of my head:

(1) Sure he hasn't yet been charged with anything, but he's still profiting from some rather serious misdeeds. And since he has warned us there are some even more controversial articles coming "down the pipe," I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him selling off some of his drug paraphernalia soon. He's already cleared five figures for that fucking tie, imagine what the one-of-a-kind, Kathy's-Basement crack pipe would go for!

(2) There have been some suggestions floating around that this would be an excellent way to launder money, and again I wouldn't put it past him.

(3) It's clear from his last scrum that he thinks the whole crack-smoking thing was just one big joke.

(4) And he's already lying to us again. First it's 10% to charity, then it's 10% to PMH and the rest to some other charity.

That's fine, but he should at least tell us where the money was going.

Why should he tell us where the money is going? It's his stuff, his sale, his money. By that logic, anyone selling on auction or Craigslist or kijjijji owes an explanation ... Not. The only place it needs to be reported, if I recall correctly, is the CRA. Too many people use auctions as a way of "making money" without reporting and if I recall CRA has moved to close this loophole. Robbie is making thousands off his junk, so yeah, he should report.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back