3K     5 
News   May 17, 2024
 2.1K     3 
News   May 17, 2024
 11K     10 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone asked the candidates what they'd look for in a new Chief of Police, given our security concerns. To have one or both Fords in on the decision is truly, truly horrifying.

No one knows if it's actual terrorism. There could be any number of things going on with the shooters. Maybe they're just nutjobs.

They are nutjobs who carried/are carrying out terrorism, we just don't know what type of terrorism it is (Islamic? Right Wing? Anti Government, a combo?)

While you are correct, terrorists I think can be called nut jobs. That said, it's either terrorism or a huge coincidence of recent attacks aimed at our military personnel. I for one believe little in coincidences.

Yeah, they shot a soldier at a war memorial and went into the main government building, which they parked outside of. I don't think it's a stretch to attach political motives to it. Could turn out to be random but on balance of probabilities, I think "terrorism" is a safe bet. The way the guy got into Centre Block suggests there was some research involved; he knew where he was going.

I also doubt it has anything to do with Mallala. Why would they hit Ottawa when the PM is going to be here, in Toronto, with her later today? (Or was - he just cancelled.)

Yeah, they shot a soldier at a war memorial and went into the main government building, which they parked outside of. I don't think it's a stretch to attach political motives to it. Could turn out to be random but on balance of probabilities, I think "terrorism" is a safe bet. The way the guy got into Centre Block suggests there was some research involved; he knew where he was going.

I also doubt it has anything to do with Mallala. Why would they hit Ottawa when the PM is going to be here, in Toronto, with her later today? (Or was - he just cancelled.)

What I find "odd" (small mercies) is that they are using rifles and not something higher-powered. Almost like they went and grabbed something that's most readily available.

AoD

On the topic of realness, I was shocked when a coworker told me this week that she supports Doug "23 Lies in One Debate" Ford because he's "real". I just about lost it! I can almost see how some might consider Rob to be "real", though he's a liar too, but Doug?

I think for some people fat=real.

Very true. Shootings aren't unheard of in Ottawa. Happened at OCTranspo a few years back, and the Parliament Buildings are a conspicuous target for anyone with a murderous axe to grind.

Gone are the days where organized folks did this stuff. I think the internet has really opened up a pandora's box of lone wolves. And that plays into what the more organized folks are happy about. It's like how the dawn of social media meant marketers had less work to do. We all do it for them.

Sad.

Neil Flagg and his nutso followers are now boycotting the Sun over their Tory endorsement. If the Post follows suit what will they read?

They really have gone "triple wacko nuclear nutbar" in their pursuit of all things Ford; they can seem to leave Tory alone, especially to believe he's Conservative.

Last edited:
My number one concern has always been the safety of the water supply.

Prior to 9/11 the public was encouraged to tour our "water palaces" to instill confidence. And palaces they were. They are all locked down now.

Water is pretty low in the terror list - too much volume to do anything bad. Terrorism doesn't need to be complicated - could be as simple as a a packed subway car, a can of gasoline and a match.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back