1.5K     2 
News   May 10, 2024
 2.5K     0 
News   May 10, 2024
 1.3K     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
He actually said something, almost verbatim, like "I am the one who creates jobs."
Aside from the fact we objectively know unemployment is up (and that, he seems either unaware or uncomprehending of the fact; possibly both) it just continues to show his poor grasp of what his job actually is. Obviously that's far from news but it's amazing how much of this mayoral campaign is about things largely out of the mayor's control (i.e. transit and 'the economy').

from one of the debates...

Best burn

Soknacki, rebutting Ford's claim that the city is booming and unemployment is down: "To begin, Rob, we've lost 29,500 jobs in the last six months. Since you've taken office, unemployment has gone up by 8,200 in Toronto. We have unemployment higher than when you found it. You're entitled to your opinion but not to your facts."

http://www.nowtoronto.com/news/story.cfm?content=199503

"When you're up, you're up. When you're down you're down. But when you're only halfway up, you're neither up nor down."
https://twitter.com/MrMaquee/status/509117506586673152

sounds like robbie's (flawed) philosophy on mixing drugs. just take a stimulant and they'll know you're high. just take a depressant and they'll know you're high. but take both in the right balance and they'll never know.

sounds like robbie's (flawed) philosophy on mixing drugs. just take a stimulant and they'll know you're high. just take a depressant and they'll know you're high. but take both in the right balance and they'll never know.

Evvabeing, I found out after I posted that the Tweet is a fake, apparently. Not sure if those words of wisdom actually came out of Robbie's mouth.

"Stick fake Ford quotes in #sypeford & I’m blocking you & reporting you for spam. Have already done so for 1 user."
https://twitter.com/chriscaple/status/509123567380738048

Imagine that, a fake tweet!

View attachment 33039

Last edited:
It's all about governing access - you cannot deny entry to a public park, no such restrictions on a private parking lot.

AoD

Without the press there would be no spectacle, and if you stop inviting everyone, well, that's more damage to the Ford brand.

The Ford Fest at the Sears Warehouse is scheduled on Friday, September 19. It'd be adjacent to Andray Domise's campaign office, where's he's hosting a pizza party.

@AndrayDomiseTO: Welp. If you're not down with FordFest happening in Etobicoke, feel free to drop by 100 Rexdale Boulevard. There will be pizza. #TOpoli

Last edited:
rob-ford-mugshot.jpg
Request for a photoshop of Tyson's face tattoo overlayed onto Ford's mug

Attachments

• rob-ford-mugshot.jpg
    rob-ford-mugshot.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 703
Could be more likely that there's a development application in for the FordFest site and they can use it to promote how much development Mikey will bring... continuing the good work (i.e., being lobbied) started by Uncle Doug.
I was thinking more about the date. Opponent is throwing a pizza party, so they decide to have Ford Fest the same night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back