640     0 
News   May 15, 2024
 435     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.

the latest from rob, via warmington...

Goose droppings allegations are wrong: Rob Ford

http://www.torontosun.com/2014/08/30/goose-dropping-allegations-are-wrong-rob-ford

i believe i remember someone on here saying something about it being unlikely for people that want ford to resign to change their minds. well...

http://www.torontosun.com/2014/08/30/rob-ford-is-in-the-groove

This is ridiculous -- especially that one about the "fashion entrepreneur" -- how is that news?
Four Ford stories in one day -- the Sun is literally campaigning on his behalf. :mad:

As to "fewer people wanting him to resign" -- I would attribute that to the election getting closer. A lot of people probably thought, "meh, what's the point, if he hasn't resigned after all this time, it's almost election day so let it get sorted out then"

On Twitter Warmington is reduced to the same "maybe it happened but I won't believe it without proof" crap that he stuck to on the crack video (which, presumably, he believes now even though he never saw it). Nevermind that it's in official documents that Rob Ford had an official opportunity to refute and it never happened.

"And I need to see video to believe Doug's car was vandalized. Let's make this a thing."
https://twitter.com/SmartMariaF/status/505877276308021250

As to "fewer people wanting him to resign" -- I would attribute that to the election getting closer. A lot of people probably thought, "meh, what's the point, if he hasn't resigned after all this time, it's almost election day so let it get sorted out then"

I agree. Fewer people think there is any point in having him resign now. I wonder what result they would get if the question was how many people think he should take his name off of the ballot?

Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if he made them roll on the grass and wasn't aware of the goose droppings, but that doesn't mean they weren't there or that other people didn't see the kids rolling in them. he could have acknowledged that possibility but saying it just never happened is pathetic, even if it's in keeping with his "best mayor ever," "no one's done more for X than Rob Ford," "come to Jesus moment," childish absolutism.

Why bother telling them to roll on the grass if it wasn't disgusting? Rolling on clean grass would be pleasant.

Last edited:
The standard rely to that is usually, "Please tell your tits to stop staring at my eyes!" ;)

Incidentally, there was a recent discussion about e-cigarettes. FYI, I came across this PSA:

"Are you a smoker who has tried to quit by switching to e-cigarettes? A non-smoker who will allow yourself a few puffs because, come on, it’s only vapor? They must be so much safer than tobacco cigarettes, right? Wrong!

Electronic cigarettes have been causing explosions. Resulting in death. Not a long, drawn-out-60-years-with-emphysema-then-lung-cancer kind of death. An immediate poof-you’re-dead death."
http://www.salon.com/2014/08/12/the...ode/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

Ok I'm not going to get into this again, and even in my very first original ecig post, that had to do with Ford, and the second post from that post, I distinctly said the ecig discussion is too big and complex to get into here.

All I want to say about your link is that, so far, dangerous explosions of ecigs are USER ERROR. Read your article. And that's all I'm going to say. If people don't want to follow instructions properly and things blow up, well then....

There are millions of ecig users. They're not dying like flies.

Ok not going to say another thing about ecigs here again.

Last edited:
Daniel Dale @ddale8
Mayor Ford denies goose-scat thing happened, says to talk to the players. We talked to a player who defended him - but said it happened.

Daniel Dale @ddale8
The player said they simply have a goose-scat-covered field; Ford said they could either a) run or b) roll around on the field.

Daniel Dale @ddale8
That player, kicker Sergio Meza, said Ford said they could leave if they wanted to, but nobody did, and they all rolled by choice.

More need to speak out, unless the Ford family is paying and/or threatening them to keep quiet.

CP2Ford just mentioned the story and tried to put their usual pro-Ford stance on it.

Last edited:
I headed into this election well intended to support Olivia chow but I am seriously underwhelmed. She has a few moments in each debate that are just cringe- worthy. Last night when she was going on about the boy who just wanted to learn 'basketball lessons' I almost couldn't take it. I support children's programs and really do think they are important but I'm going to need to see something beyond her hope and optimism and anecdotes.

That pretty much sums up my feelings on the matter. I feel I actually have more questions for Chow than ford right now. As in"Are you sure you want this job" and " if not, let's start getting concessions from Tory in exchange for your support." Make the best of bad mash

Daniel Dale @ddale8
Mayor Ford denies goose-scat thing happened, says to talk to the players. We talked to a player who defended him - but said it happened.

Daniel Dale @ddale8
The player said they simply have a goose-scat-covered field; Ford said they could either a) run or b) roll around on the field.

Daniel Dale @ddale8
That player, kicker Sergio Meza, said Ford said they could leave if they wanted to, but nobody did, and they all rolled by choice.

More need to speak out, unless the Ford family is paying and/or threatening them to keep quiet.

CP2Ford just mentioned the story and tried to put their usual pro-Ford stance on it.

Once again, we are being conned. Of all the aspects of the Don Bosco/TCDSB story, rolling in goose poo is the least significant part. The other elements are far more important: Screaming matches and threatening teachers, taking kids on unauthorized trips and running unauthorized practices (without liability coverage), attempts to bribe janitors, even stiffing the school for money.

Goose poo will wash off and could be considered an unpleasant side effect of all those odd things that happen in sports jockdom.

Being sucked into the poo, as it were, is another act of deflection from the Fords and Warmington.

Once again, we are being conned. Of all the aspects of the Don Bosco/TCDSB story, rolling in goose poo is the least significant part. The other elements are far more important: Screaming matches and threatening teachers, taking kids on unauthorized trips and running unauthorized practices (without liability coverage), attempts to bribe janitors, even stiffing the school for money.

Goose poo will wash off and could be considered an unpleasant side effect of all those odd things that happen in sports jockdom.

Being sucked into the poo, as it were, is another act of deflection from the Fords and Warmington.

Showing up drunk to practice: seriously off the charts.

Couldn't agree more that goose poop is the least of Ford's sins at Bosco. Leave it to Joe Warmington to focus on that at the exclusion of far more serious allegations.

I agree. Fewer people think there is any point in having him resign now. I wonder what result they would get if the question was how many people think he should take his name off of the ballot?....
Hopefully even fewer; this is still a democracy -- if people vote for him, it's their own fault. Even with imperfect first-past-the post system, no way that clown should be winning.

Ok I'm not going to get into this again, and even in my very first original ecig post, that had to do with Ford, and the second post from that post, I distinctly said the ecig discussion is too big and complex to get into here.

All I want to say about your link is that, so far, dangerous explosions of ecigs are USER ERROR. Read your article. And that's all I'm going to say. If people don't want to follow instructions properly and things blow up, well then....

There are millions of ecig users. They're not dying like flies.

Ok not going to say another thing about ecigs here again.

lol, come on, haven't you been here long enough to appreciate casita's posting style? He's not "getting into" anything, he's just worried about you and thought you should have the info. Or he's just making a joke. ;)

either way -- casita for mayor! :p

Or, maybe they just aerated the field? LOL Goose-gate.

View attachment 32187

I checked the festivals listings yesterday and I just KNEW he would come out to that. :rolleyes: I was thinking of going but felt tired and headachey all day. Must be the weather shift.

Not sure if he's brave enough to head out to Ashkenaz Festival at Harbourfront.

Actually, Kat, what caught my eye was one of the comments.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back