1.2K     0 
News   May 17, 2024
 770     2 
News   May 17, 2024
 6.7K     7 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read that Chow's campaign manager sent out a letter that said that there was an eight point difference in both Ford's and Chow's numbers between the two days of the forum poll, well outside the margin of error. I think this letter was posted somewhere on this forum. That would imply that the first day's preliminary result, which I think was the basis for the scary poll people were talking about was: Ford: 35 Tory: 34 Chow: 19. This assumes that Tory stays the same on both days and that an equal amount of people were polled on each day. The second day would then have been Ford: 27 Tory: 34 Chow: 27 which is somewhat close to the previous forum poll. (It could be the case that Chow got 19 on the first day though)

Am I interpreting this right in thinking that the first night of polling may have been a statistical anomaly as Eric Grenier suggests?

I read that Chow's campaign manager sent out a letter that said that there was an eight point difference in both Ford's and Chow's numbers between the two days of the forum poll, well outside the margin of error. I think this letter was posted somewhere on this forum. That would imply that the first day's preliminary result, which I think was the basis for the scary poll people were talking about was: Ford: 35 Tory: 34 Chow: 19. This assumes that Tory stays the same on both days and that an equal amount of people were polled on each day. The second day would then have been Ford: 27 Tory: 34 Chow: 27 which is somewhat close to the previous forum poll. (It could be the case that Chow got 19 on the first day though)

Am I interpreting this right in thinking that the first night of polling may have been a statistical anomaly as Eric Grenier suggests?

Perhaps the first night of polling covered Scarborough and Etobicoke (where Ford is strongest), and the second night canvassed the rest of the city?

Perhaps the first night of polling covered Scarborough and Etobicoke (where Ford is strongest), and the second night canvassed the rest of the city?

Remember the alleged abusive 911 call from slobo. Remember who backed him up, officially!

Remember the "box in maneuver" that could be used to isolate a drunk driver! Who said it?

Did the gumba bros double cross their protector?

FOI p.302 - Ford firing communications plan item #3: "During parent consultations it was communicated that more than half the players will quit the team should Mr. Ford not return as coach."

Talk about Stockholm Syndrome...

But did that occur? Or was it just another Doug Ford law suit?

Who communicated that players would quit? (Oh, how I hate the passive voice in this type of report!) Was it the parents who said my little Johnny won't play if Ford isn't the coach? I'm sure some parents were thrilled that a high profile person was the coach.

Or was it the players themselves? Is it so hard to imagine that if Ford handed out freebies and/or was connected with the kids and his less-than-savoury buddies (see where I'm going here?), some players might have found that having Ford around was useful -- even if they had to put up with some goose shit.

Or did someone just make it up? (Gee, imagine that in anything Ford-related!) "It was communicated" could means that one of Ford's buddies said "If we get rid of him, half the kids will quit" and no one ever asked the kids if they would.

To avoid libel or slander suits?

In both instances the remark actually highlights the existence of the punning meaning, so no.

i was just reflecting in passing the fact that we have all been told that puns supposedly are the lowest form of humour, not trying to make anything out of it.

Last edited:
From the Washington Post:

Rob Ford could actually win reelection

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...-could-win-reelection-despite-being-rob-ford/

paper-bag-over-head.jpg

Attachments

• paper-bag-over-head.jpg
    paper-bag-over-head.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 757
Also, if it has not yet been mentioned, the basis behind Ford's boycott of the Star was that they reported that he was abusive to his players. He wanted the paper to print a retraction, and since they refused, he has done his best to keep them out of the loop of city press conferences. Now that the official record of his treatment of players has been made public, which pretty much confirms the Star's story, what will be his reasoning for not providing comment to them?

I think that was about an earlier incident - not at Don Bosco (?) or anyway earlier than the timeframe of the FOI disclosure.

As I mentioned the demos as far as percentage of population on this poll are close to being bang on by region (E/Y, TEY, NY, Scar)
R Ford scores 40% Scarborough, 39% Etobicoke/York, 32% North York and 18% Toronto/East York
J Tory scores 27% Scarborough, 30% Etobicoke/York, 39% North York and 37% Toronto/East York

The Toronto electors list gives a population breakdown and it looks like this Scarborough 23.6%, Etobicoke/York 18.2%, North York 24% and Toronto/East York 34.2%

So I would suggest it is fine and dandy for R Ford to make hay all he wants in E/Y and Scar. that will not get him reelected. As I've said on many occasions this election is going to come down how 15,16,23,24,25 and 26 break.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back