581     1 
News   May 16, 2024
 810     1 
News   May 16, 2024
 597     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank you for bringing this up. So here's a CTV clip of the news conference re: Ford talking about TTC, reactive thinking I've been here for 14 years, and racoons.
http://toronto.ctvnews.ca/rob-ford-shares-raccoon-anecdotes-at-news-conference-1.1964685

Now it made me wonder about something, even though I saw it I didn't mention it at first because I'm still kinda discombobulated with 'did he just say that?'. And the bizarre talk of Ford standing up against the Racoons, which admittedly brought out some adorable pics of semi tame ones from this forum.

Anyway, I just want to be clear in understanding what he said. Around the 3:15 mark, Rob is talking about the mayor\councilor\ free TTC pass, and he's basically talking about gravy etc. But seems like he's saying politicians, councilors, and mayors should not get on the bus\TTC for free, and he even seem to let that be the last point before he opened the floor to questions from reporters.

My question is 2 parts. Is this the same mayor that pulled a TTC bus off it's route, kicked off paying passengers, so he and his beloved football team can use it?
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toron...to-pick-up-rob-ford-s-football-team-1.1265049

Second, did any journalists brought up that TTC bus for his football team incident in that presser, considering Rofo just claimed he's against any politicians using TTC vehicles for free, or did I just miss it? There was a cell phone ring that went off when Rofo asked 'any questions?' to the reporters, is ringing a bell enough to distract most TO reporters\journalist in this era?

Looking forward to seeing Rob present his detailed solution to the raccoon problem, which will most likely involve dressing dummies up like female raccoons and stuffing them full of dynamite.

Tempt raccoons into front hallway of house with bag of McDonalds. When they get really close, punch them in their face. Just need 10 minutes, daddy. No interference.

“He tells me to jump into his car and gets me a table at a restaurant. Then he says ‘let’s meet for brunch’ (Sunday). We go to this nice little place in an upper-class neighbourhood."

It looked a bit like Harbor 60 - but I wonder where RoFo's new haunt is?

Got a question...How is the DRL as proposed be better at serving Scarborough tansit users? The proposed line goes nowhere near Scarborough it could be just as easily called the North York Relief Line or Don Valley West Relief....Scarberians would still be required to transfer and not only that they would be forced I say forced into using the above ground portion of the Eg/Crosstown to access the DRL....and if that is the case why the effort into a B-D Extension why not a seamless connection between a Scarborough LRT and Eg/Crosstown?

It would eliminate the time spent on a packed platform waiting sometimes 3 subways to go southbound or northbound, depending on the time of day. Also, the Scarborough subway is the wrong thing for Scarborough. The LRT would have serviced U of T Scar Campus and the Centennial College Campus. The subway does not.

Thank you for bringing this up. So here's a CTV clip of the news conference re: Ford talking about TTC, reactive thinking I've been here for 14 years, and racoons.
http://toronto.ctvnews.ca/rob-ford-shares-raccoon-anecdotes-at-news-conference-1.1964685

Now it made me wonder about something, even though I saw it I didn't mention it at first because I'm still kinda discombobulated with 'did he just say that?'. And the bizarre talk of Ford standing up against the Racoons, which admittedly brought out some adorable pics of semi tame ones from this forum.

Anyway, I just want to be clear in understanding what he said. Around the 3:15 mark, Rob is talking about the mayor\councilor\ free TTC pass, and he's basically talking about gravy etc. But seems like he's saying politicians, councilors, and mayors should not get on the bus\TTC for free, and he even seem to let that be the last point before he opened the floor to questions from reporters.

My question is 2 parts. Is this the same mayor that pulled a TTC bus off it's route, kicked off paying passengers, so he and his beloved football team can use it?
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toron...to-pick-up-rob-ford-s-football-team-1.1265049

Second, did any journalists brought up that TTC bus for his football team incident in that presser, considering Rofo just claimed he's against any politicians using TTC vehicles for free, or did I just miss it? There was a cell phone ring that went off when Rofo asked 'any questions?' to the reporters, is ringing a bell enough to distract most TO reporters\journalist in this era?

Rob seems hungover in that video to me.

By the by, I am a user of electronic cigarettes. Don't want to start a big discussion about them here, too much to get into and off topic. However there is a discussion on FB about the new bylaws they are trying to enforce. Someone called Ford and this is what happened:

If someone is considering voting for Ford over e-cigarettes they shouldn't be allowed to vote (okay thats harsh but how idiotic do you have to be to vote for a complete failure just because of this silly issue?)

Raccoons get "enough to eat" at Rob Ford's house.

Raccoon.jpg

Elizabeth Church ‏@lizchurchto 19s
Rob Ford says he opposes 2 hour transit proposal. "How do you define 2 hours?"

Well Robbie, when the big hand goes around twice...

CP24 cut away from Ford after 18 odd minutes of rambling, bored, slow motion Fordisms. He's trying to wedge in between Chow and Tory now. One of his handlers needs to throw a blanket around his shoulders, take him by the hand to a REAL rehab facility. He's ready to pass out on his feet. His hair is slicked back, he's exhausted and deflated.

Huh?

powellbetsy 9:05am via Twitter for iPhone
Ford says there are lots of ways to cut spending and save money: TCH and city doubling up on battery purchases, for instance.

Yup, a new council made up of renegade racoons...

marcusbgee 9:22am via Twitter Web Client
Ford says there'll be a whole new city council after the election and they'll have to listen to him when he wins. Not if he wins. When.

Last edited:
Huh?

powellbetsy 9:05am via Twitter for iPhone
Ford says there are lots of ways to cut spending and save money: TCH and city doubling up on battery purchases, for instance.

I would think that all batteries in use by city agencies would be mandated to be re-chargables - no? That would make their purchase (generally) a one time capital expense...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back