2.2K     3 
News   May 17, 2024
 1.4K     2 
News   May 17, 2024
 10K     10 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Except that nobody's buying it. That's what gets me about this particular incident: Everybody - the cops, the media, the general public - is treating it as the manufactured stunt that it almost certainly was.

But we're not talking about some piddling little misdeamer like a jaywalking. If the Fords are indeed the guilty parties here (and I think they are), then let's not mince words: The Mayor and his brother, a prominent City Councillor, are responsible for a fake bomb threat at City Hall. For reasons that can only be described as purely selfish, venal, political, self-serving grandstanding. (Not that there could be any "good" reasons for a scam that involves making up fake terrorism threats, but you know what I mean.)

And did I mention that the men responsible for this not-so-little excercise in criminality were the Mayor and another politician who's very much in the public eye? Not that it would be any better if they were nobodies, but their positions makes this episode all the more grotesque. And nobody appears to discussing this angle, which is just bizarre. I can only hope the police are quietly gathering the evidence they need to nail the Fords to the wall this time, because this is truly beyond the pale.

Yep, I also hope that police are investigating this because whether or not this is real, or fake bomb threat that the Fords cooked up themselves. It's not a joking matter. However I'm also thinking it could get swept under the rug, yet again.

he's had that done to him before, though maybe it was a bit colder this time
tumblr_mdk4xvWr3V1qdg9n5o1_500.jpg

I was having a quick look about to determine what Rofo's severance will be upon losing in October. I came across this nugget which might help to satisfy our community's need for a pound of flesh.

No severance remuneration shall be paid to a member where the member is convicted of any of the following offences under the Criminal Code, R.S.C. 1985, as amended from time to time, in connection with the member’s conduct as a member of the Council:
(1) Section 122 (breach of trust; fraud);
(2) Section 123 (municipal corruption); or
(3) Section 426 (secret commissions).

Please let there be evidence the Fords cooked up a bomb scare. I believe it could qualify for sections 122/123 that Wheeler 98 dug up. It would do my heart good to know he was denied a severance. Does anyone know if he will qualify for a pension? My ex father in law was a M.P.P. for a single term and received no pension. ( IIRC he needed 6 years service to qualify)

Please let there be evidence the Fords cooked up a bomb scare. I believe it could qualify for sections 122/123 that Wheeler 98 dug up. It would do my heart good to know he was denied a severance. Does anyone know if he will qualify for a pension? My ex father in law was a M.P.P. for a single term and received no pension. ( IIRC he needed 6 years service to qualify)

Could he be charged with false threats too? Maybe that's a nice way to drag him in.
If they did. Which I doubt anyone will.
Moving on.
Boo.

Is she just fishing? Or trolling?

LeeAnne
‏@leeeee34
So where is Rob Ford today?? Hmmmm

12:46 pm - 16 Aug 2014
John G. Young ‏@JohnGYoung2 2h
@leeeee34 Do you know something?

Casey Martin ‏@caseymmartin 2h
@leeeee34 just a quiet day at home reading, probably.

LeeAnne ‏@leeeee34 2h
@caseymmartin yes that's right! Maybe the big book

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back