546     0 
News   May 09, 2024
 470     0 
News   May 09, 2024
 784     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
"There's only room for one drunk in this government and unfortunately for you, that position's already taken"

- Sir John A. MacDonald to Thomas D'Arcy McGee (allegedly)

IHTWOSJAM = i hate the war on sir john a macdonald
It is said if you have to explain the joke, it isn't funny. Not so in this case. My hat Animatronic. Im so slow to comment as I was searching IHTWOSJAM as I said, a dolt. Thanks r937 for the explanation. Tee hee.

Last edited:
Rob's Monday quote on the bomb threat is one for the ages. this guy's brain is truly scrambled.

“It’s disturbing,” Rob Ford told reporters at the time. “I just want to let people in this great city know what’s going on. I’m moving on — it’s business as usual.”

he's "moving on" during a bomb threat? it's "business as usual" during a bomb threat? the man is truly bizarre...has absolutely no idea what's he's saying from one moment to the next....

From the pressers this week, he has absolutely no idea what he's saying *in* the moment.

From the pressers this week, he has absolutely no idea what he's saying *in* the moment.

I disagree. He knew exactly what he was saying. He was using the bomb threat as a piece of political theatre. It had absolutely zero to do with anyone's safety. That never even crossed his mind (nor apparently did the idea that the threat might be real cross *anyone's* mind at *any* point at all.

Ann Hui @annhui
Doug Ford says he can "guarantee 99%" that most ppl would want to know if there was bomb threat in their building

He can also guarantee that he is not a politician, believes in democracy, never sold hash, and that he doesn't colour his hair.

Rob's Monday quote on the bomb threat is one for the ages. this guy's brain is truly scrambled.

“It’s disturbing,” Rob Ford told reporters at the time. “I just want to let people in this great city know what’s going on. I’m moving on — it’s business as usual.”

he's "moving on" during a bomb threat? it's "business as usual" during a bomb threat? the man is truly bizarre...has absolutely no idea what's he's saying from one moment to the next....

As for Robbie's presser... it is immaterial if the TPS or security did actually tell to publicize a bomb threat, the protocols dictate what to do and if Robbie would break tradition and read them there would be no need to ask any questions about publicly. Another question is the reported bomb threat later in the week, or any of the others, why no presser? In the words of Penn and Teller, That's Bullshit!

But in the end I blame Dougie for scripting things, and poorly. It was his edited copy containing two emails written by separate individuals that is the first challenge to reason. The other problem is a lot of people repeating that was the deadline 12hrs or 24hrs. If the header of Dougie's supposed email was not "lost" then one would only have to rollback the clock 12hrs. The other problem is who would send a bomb threat on the weekend with an ultimatum and deadline?

Another failed camping scam; Dougie has had quite the cluster fuck the last 2 weeks.

Last edited:
I disagree. He knew exactly what he was saying. He was using the bomb threat as a piece of political theatre. It had absolutely zero to do with anyone's safety. That never even crossed his mind (nor apparently did the idea that the threat might be real cross *anyone's* mind at *any* point at all.

The text of the rest of his pressers go to my point... But your point is important. No one seemed to consider it a real threat, the cops only did a cursory check of City Hall, the building was never evacuated, and *if* it was an e-mailed threat, how have they not found where it came from? OR If the have (they have had lots of time) why hasn't anyone been arrested?

Ann Hui @annhui
Doug Ford says he can "guarantee 99%" that most ppl would want to know if there was bomb threat in their building

He can also guarantee that he is not a politician, believes in democracy, never sold hash, and that he doesn't colour his hair.

As for Robbie's presser... it is immaterial if the TPS or security did actually tell to publicize a bomb threat, the protocols dictate what to do and if Robbie would break tradition and read them there would be no need to ask any questions about publicly. Another question is the reported bomb threat later in the week, or any of the others, why no presser? In the words of Penn and Teller, That's Bullshit!

But in the end I blame Dougie for scripting things, and poorly. It was his edited copy containing two emails written by separate individuals that is the first challenge to reason. The other problem is a lot of people repeating that was the deadline 12hrs or 24hrs. If the header of Dougie's supposed email was not "lost" then one would only have to rollback the clock 12hrs. The other problem is who would send a bomb threat on the weekend with an ultimatum and deadline?

Another failed camping scam; Dougie has had quite the cluster fuck the last 2 weeks.

Doug, and Rob (earlier today) both deliberately confused the idea of being a worker-in-the-building's right to know with the general public's right to know. FN might not be bright enough to pick up the difference.

well, either way i can say that the hotmail lawyer (esq.) will have his hands full with this one. along with maybe OSSTF and one or two others, CUPE is the 800-pound gorilla of organized labour in ontario, and i promise you they'll have a small army of very good people on this grievance.

things are starting to spiral a bit, again. doug's absolutely beleaguered, new polls probably won't be too friendly, we're due for one or two big stories in the press, and rob's campaign is in awful shape.

these are all the classic stressors, and i'm sure we'll soon have rob going on another bender.

well, either way i can say that the hotmail lawyer (esq.) will have his hands full with this one. along with maybe OSSTF and one or two others, CUPE is the 800-pound gorilla of organized labour in ontario, and i promise you they'll have a small army of very good people on this grievance.

things are starting to spiral a bit, again. doug's absolutely beleaguered, new polls probably won't be too friendly, we're due for one or two big stories in the press, and rob's campaign is in awful shape.

these are all the classic stressors, and i'm sure we'll soon have rob going on another bender.

This isn't something Hotmail Lawyer would handle. Labour law is pretty specialized.

Wouldn't it be handled by the city's in-house counsel? The union beef is with the employer not following protocol.

This whole union thing has me recalling my hire at a municiple facility in small town Ontario. We all, labour and management alike signed codes of conduct agreements upon hiring. It coveread things like workplace respect, propriety of hiring family, receiving gifts (verboten) and a really general clause about moral turpitude. It read some thing like "conduct unbecoming" being cause for dismissal. Is there nothing like this at CH? Probably just for the " regular folks". Is anyone working on it?

This whole union thing has me recalling my hire at a municiple facility in small town Ontario. We all, labour and management alike signed codes of conduct agreements upon hiring. It coveread things like workplace respect, propriety of hiring family, receiving gifts (verboten) and a really general clause about moral turpitude. It read some thing like "conduct unbecoming" being cause for dismissal. Is there nothing like this at CH? Probably just for the " regular folks". Is anyone working on it?

Politicians aren't employees - they can't be fired.

I was having a quick look about to determine what Rofo's severance will be upon losing in October. I came across this nugget which might help to satisfy our community's need for a pound of flesh.

No severance remuneration shall be paid to a member where the member is convicted of any of the following offences under the Criminal Code, R.S.C. 1985, as amended from time to time, in connection with the member’s conduct as a member of the Council:
(1) Section 122 (breach of trust; fraud);
(2) Section 123 (municipal corruption); or
(3) Section 426 (secret commissions).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back