581     1 
News   May 16, 2024
 810     0 
News   May 16, 2024
 597     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the moral of the presser is that it's not Rob's fault he can't push through his awesome agenda---blame all these jerk councillors who won't play ball with him. And he needs about 15 new councillors who support him 100% to push through his agenda if and when he's re-elected.

So not only is this longshot scenario his only chance to see any success in a new term, but: he already HAD this longshot scenario in place in 2010, and systematically alienated the many councillors who started out on his side.

Exactly. Rationally, it makes no sense to vote for Ford even if you love everything about him. He's simply not capable of accomplishing anything at City Hall. All of the "gravy" that he's not complaining about happened while he was mayor.

Exactly. Rationally, it makes no sense to vote for Ford even if you love everything about him. He's simply not capable of accomplishing anything at City Hall. All of the "gravy" that he's not complaining about happened while he was mayor.

It never made rational sense with Ford. Ford is almost always, populist emotional appeal first. And IMO that should not be underestimated.

R Ford expects 15 new Concillors, eh...
We know there will be new Councillors in Wards 2,3,5,16,20 and 39
We know today incumbents in Wards 4,24 and 44 have not registered as of yet
We can expect to have tight races in Wards 1,6,7,8,9,10,17,18,26,30 and 42
So that is 20 seats, of the remaining 24 there are 11 dedicated opposition, 1 dyed in the wool Fordite and the rest (12) very pragmatic as to decisions they make...
Seems to me R Ford is going to be hard pressed to in the above listed wards to a majority on the new Council to follow his direction.....

Jennifer Pagliaro ‏@jpags 1m
Chief Blair is going to speak to reporters at 12:30, press release says.

No subject was mentioned.

do or die time for the chief, here - does he hold the line?

No, he's folding. Everyone always folds. Although I'm not sure why accepting an apology requires a press conference. I thought the point of being apologized to is that the other guy has to do the work.

Don't fuck with me, Toronto. I told you I will be the next mayor and if you don't stop asking me questions, I'll make Doug Deputy.

Deputy Doug? I'd rather have Deputy Dawg.

deputy-nephew4.jpg

Attachments

• deputy-nephew4.jpg
    deputy-nephew4.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 893
I can't help but notice Rob Ford's campaign twitter account is in overdrive today. It makes me wonder if Blair's announcement today is more than just about Doug's apology. Wouldn't a simple press release be enough? Especially if both parties want to move on from this debacle. I wonder if Giroux will be in the room...

I can't help but notice Rob Ford's campaign twitter account is in overdrive today. It makes me wonder if Blair's announcement today is more than just about Doug's apology. Wouldn't a simple press release be enough? Especially if both parties want to move on from this debacle. I wonder if Giroux will be in the room...

I just had the same thought.

I also have to assume that the press is going to fatigue of these press conferences soon. Naive of me maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back