News   May 17, 2024
 325     0 
News   May 17, 2024
 4.1K     5 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don Peat ‏@reporterdonpeat · 2h
"I'm not quite sure how she's going to ignore me" Mayor Rob Ford on Premier Kathleen Wynne #TOpoli #onpoli

Andrew Tumilty @AndrewTumilty Year and a half of practice

Fords on CP24... we cancelled a Queen and King subway in the 1960's. Funny, I don't ever remember reading about either of these, especially in his time frame.

A question I do have, why does Robbie think he has the power to rip up voted on, and signed agreements, or that cancelling projects will cost taxpayers no money. Where does the money for administration costs come from? I guess it's like the money spent on the RT replacement, if there is no shovel in the ground, then there are no costs to worry our pretty heads about.

One more thing, why does Robbie confuse Connects with the Crosstown construction, especially since one is a city project, and the other provincial, respectively.

Deathsilver's response to another post should answer your questions.

"Rob Ford is a moron. Nothing else."

There is no thinking going on, logical or otherwise.

Fords on CP24... we cancelled a Queen and King subway in the 1960's. Funny, I don't ever remember reading about either of these, especially in his time frame.

More nonsense from them.

The Queen part of the original subway plan was DOA, since the entire subway plan as passed by plebiscite in the '40s depended on a 20% funding commitment from the federal government which did not entirely materialize. So what federal money they did get was allocated to the part of the Yonge line they actually built.

I'm sure many ideas have come and gone since then, but there was never anything far along enough in plans to be able to say anything was subsequently "cancelled".

That's what they said in 2010. It reminds me of this:

"Rednecks, crackers, hillbillies, hausfraus, shut-ins, pea-pickers - everybody that's got to jump when somebody else blows the whistle. They're mine! I own 'em! They think like I do. Only they're even more stupid than I am, so I gotta think for 'em. You just wait and see."

"Underestimate the enemy at your own peril"."

Last edited:

That's what they said in 2010. It reminds me of this:

"Rednecks, crackers, hillbillies, hausfraus, shut-ins, pea-pickers - everybody that's got to jump when somebody else blows the whistle. They're mine! I own 'em! They think like I do. Only they're even more stupid than I am, so I gotta think for 'em. You just wait and see."

I guess I would need to rephrase this.
Rob Ford is a moron. Nothing else. And those that support him are utter imbeciles. He might become Mayor again because of this but it will not change that fact.

Wow, the report doesn't even bother to specify landlines only. Just says "telephone" survey in section on methods. Forum needs a serious public shaming. No way Ford is at 27%.

Landlines may provide a degree of accuracy across Ontario (though I doubt it). But in a city like Toronto, there's just no way.

Hello everybody, been lurking here for about 6 months now, just wanted to say that I received a call from Forum last night on my company owned Blackberry so perhaps the survey was not landlines only. FWIW the call I received was a survey for the Brampton municipal election and one of the questions was about whether I believe Susan Fennell should be charged criminally.

Last edited:
More nonsense from them.

The Queen part of the original subway plan was DOA, since the entire subway plan as passed by plebiscite in the '40s depended on a 20% funding commitment from the federal government which did not entirely materialize. So what federal money they did get was allocated to the part of the Yonge line they actually built.

In the finest tradition, the Feds reneged on funding even then, so I don't think there was any federal money at all, it was all funded by the TTC itself from wartime surpluses plus some debenture financing that was eventually taken care of by Metro.

But we really don't expect Rob to actually say anything knowledgeable or informed on transit at this point do we?

"We did not receive a response from the Mayor to our letter of July 29, 2014 (which captured the substance of yours, and numerous other complaints about the matter) prior to August 1 after which this office may not participate in the informal complaint resolution process until after the election. Under the informal complaint procedure, a member is not obliged to respond to complaints, Any complaints from August 1 to after election day about any prohibited behaviour of a member under the Code of Conduct must be addressed directly to the member.

We appreciate your engagement with the process and for writing to us with your concerns. We will note and keep your correspondence on file."

So basically the way to get away with shit is to not answer questions.

True, but things like tweets and reddit posts have a nasty habit of getting deleted...

Not to mention that some of us aren't on there, so when we click on a link, we don't get to see it, we just get a large "sign up for twitter!" thing. Thanks to those who do repost twitter / reddit / whatever so we can all see them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back