297     0 
News   May 01, 2024
 350     0 
News   May 01, 2024
 391     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was contacted by a polling company called Triton last night. It was short, but sounded like it could have been commissioned by Ford or Stintz. Notably, it only listed four options for Mayor; Soknacki wasn’t included.

Robbie should really try to financially grasp the realities of operating a business.

Mayor, TTC at odds over tunnel boring machines

http://www.torontosun.com/2014/07/22/92m-sale-of-ttc-tunnel-boring-machines-falls-through

That's purely about getting his mug on the news - and give him the chance to look as if he is doing something on the transit/transportation file - one which he has no cred whatsoever. Isn't he always at odd with someone over something, least of all himself?

AoD

Once again you give too good answers, I expected more traction on this article.

And since no one else will, this is just another example of Robbie hollier than thou attitude.

Rob just wants to grandstand, last week was toilets, the week before, pink umbrellas. Like anybody would take Rob's opinion over Andy Byford's. It's all Rob's got, so it's what he's going with.

It's not only grandstanding, it's apparently his entire campaign. I thought his 2010 platform was about as childlike in its simplicity as a platform could get, but as with most things Ford, I have completely underestimated the bottom. As far as I can tell, the 2014 platform is nothing more than:
1. the magical subway fairy
2. cutting the land transfer tax
3. raging about years-old decisions that were made....while he was Mayor.

Awesome platform buddy. Re-apply when you learn how to count to 4.

On the other hand, a joyous crowd joining together in a rousing rendition of "We Shall Overcome" could work for both sides. Ford Nation probably wouldn't understand the irony.

Something like that might work. Maybe it's just me, but RoDoFo to me has a weird mix of extreme paranoia (biased media, biased media everywhere!), and an almost guileless acceptance of any attention as support.
Selfies, a handshake, just met you 5 minutes ago at a drunken Raptors game, why that must mean you must 110% support the RoFo.

It's not only grandstanding, it's apparently his entire campaign. I thought his 2010 platform was about as childlike in its simplicity as a platform could get, but as with most things Ford, I have completely underestimated the bottom. As far as I can tell, the 2014 platform is nothing more than:
1. the magical subway fairy
2. cutting the land transfer tax
3. raging about years-old decisions that were made....while he was Mayor.

Awesome platform buddy. Re-apply when you learn how to count to 4.

4. "Privatizing garbage east of Yonge." Personally I can't wait for my garbage to be private. But I'm happy to have the city continue to do the collection.

80s Doug Ford ‏@80sDougFord · 21m
No booze permit? That's bullsh*t. I'm a medical user. I have a condition called "wanting to get f*cked up" #topoli

I'm not part of the shirtless horde but if I were to go to Thomson Park, I would seriously think about getting extremely loud noisemakers to use during his speech. If the city has people there to make sure they aren't campaigning that's something they can stop. They can't stop his speech, though. Noisemakers like megaphones, drums etc. might.

I personally thinking trying to stop a person from speaking is completely weaksauce. Trying to stifle what someone says by drowning them out ain't cool (to me). That's the kind of undemocratic stuff I would expect from their side. If we can't get convince people why Ford and Co. are untrustworthy, that's on us. A drum isn't going to help. And then drum the people we want to hear speak and so and so on and in the end no one hears a thing. We all just have a headache.

4. "Privatizing garbage east of Yonge." Personally I can't wait for my garbage to be private. But I'm happy to have the city continue to do the collection.

Oh right! How could I have forgotten that recycled plank from 2010!

Frankly, I'll be happy when GFL loses the contract in the west. I live on a main street and on garbage pick-up nights the GFL trucks race up the empty street at 4AM to finish their collection. The trucks go so fast it sounds like a freight train and the whole building shakes.

Oh right! How could I have forgotten that recycled plank from 2010!

Frankly, I'll be happy when GFL loses the contract in the west. I live on a main street and on garbage pick-up nights the GFL trucks race up the empty street at 4AM to finish their collection. The trucks go so fast it sounds like a freight train and the whole building shakes.

They have already lost zone 2, and Etob. Council has been recommended to open tender. (someone correct me if the later is wrong)

I live on a main street and on garbage pick-up nights the GFL trucks race up the empty street at 4AM to finish their collection.

They're not allowed to collect between 11PM and 7AM, I called 311 when they did it in my neighbourhood, but the city just ignored my complaints.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back