News   May 24, 2024
 1.3K     0 
News   May 24, 2024
 498     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Magnus Racing 'honors' Toronto Mayor Rob Ford at Canadian Tire Motorsports Park

“Since we were so close to Toronto, we wanted to race in a way the Toronto fans were familiar,” stated Magnus Racing team owner and co-driver John Potter. “If we scored podiums all the time, people would know what to expect so we wanted to have more erratic results for the folks out there. Much like mayor Rob Ford we want to be unpredictable, but also refuse to quit. When we looked at turn one, we also thought it would be fitting to cut over the white line in tribute.”

While Mayor Ford, most noted for his alcoholic benders and even being caught on camera smoking crack cocaine, was not physically present to enjoy his tribute, his spirit was certainly there. Much like previous invited guests such as Lindsay Lohan and Mike “The Situation” Sorrentino, Ford has been out of public eye recently due to “exhaustion.”

For Magnus Racing, the team was optimistic heading into the legendary Canadian Tire Motorsports Park, a scenic circuit located an hour east of Toronto. Since IMSA officials had not stripped Porsche of any more power, unlike the Toronto City Council with Mayor Ford, the team was hoping the circuit could present another strong finish in the team’s pursuit of the series’ GTD title.

http://www.motorsport.com/tusc/news...r-rob-ford-at-canadian-tire-motorsports-park/

Pothole Challenge Day 2: Oh Rob Ford, where art thou?

Pothole-03.jpg

http://www.robfordfacts.ca/2014/07/pothole-challenge-day-2-oh-rob-ford.html

Attachments

• Pothole-03.jpg
    Pothole-03.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 886
Hey, I will freely admit to knowing high, both from personal experience in a very misbegotten youth and from seeing shit tonnes of wasted in my lifetime. I'm especially good at identifying the people who are trying to hide their wasted because eventually you can figure out their 'tells'.

Ford's actually really good at the 'passing' part of it. We've seen the over-the-top stuff, like the murder rant video and the St. Paddy's day tapes. But on a more regular basis, like today's Danzig interview, it's been easy to dismiss his awkward interviews as, well, awkward. But once you factor in the history of drinking and drug use, you can watch countless reels of Ford talking and see the difference in how he speaks when he's on something.

When he's wasted he talks slower, a bit hesitantly, sometimes he sways, he speaks more softly and tries to seem serious and thoughtful. He mumbles or his sentences trail off. He tries to sound indifferent, instead of his usual passion. He also has a wasted auto-pilot mode (like all the good 'passing' addicts have) and you can see him visibly relax when he finds a standard talking point to rely on before going back to the awkward. He also tries to limit his exposure - either by avoiding the reporter, as he did today, cutting the interview short, or he shuts his eyes for long stretches or gets squinty and avoids eye contact as if to ensure no one really sees him.

You may know him personally JKDM, and think you have a sense of how wasted he is or isn't. And FWIW, I don't believe you're trolling the thread by questioning how we know what we think we know. But I don't really care whether you believe us or not. My own eyes and ears are good enough for me. I don't need a breathalyzer or a positive drug test to prove what I already know.

I'm no evvabeing, so I don't have a long list of examples at the ready to share with you. But if you start by reviewing the community clean up video from last year, when we know he spent the night getting wasted, then you can see a common thread in his demeanor in other daytime, on-the-job videos.

http://www.cp24.com/news/mayor-rob-ford-picks-up-litter-in-etobicoke-park-1.1246521
http://www.cbc.ca/player/Embedded-Only/News/Canada/Toronto/ID/1828025386/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vfk3Vi8BYWA&feature=youtu.be&ac

Bingo. Those are perfect examples of this weird behaviour and we know for sure he was coming off some sort of hezza bender in the first one.

And doubling down on Sugar Beach (was this written on a computer from 1983?)

TOMayorFord Jul 17, 12:27am via Twitter Web Client
Here are my thoughts on the latest reports of wasted tax dollars at Waterfront Toronto. http://sharetext.org/x1sf

"Recently"... yah, it's like he is trying to make himself believe the lie.

I just watched the debate online (http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toron...rough-subway-plan-in-mayoral-debate-1.2707452) from Scarborough again.

I thought it was a pretty fantastic and spirited debate. Too bad more didn't show up.

I'd rate the winners and losers as follows:

1. Tory
2. Chow
3. Ford
4. Soknacki
5. Stintz

Best line of the night (in my opinion):

"Well, Mr. Ford, even when you're clean and sober, you can't stick to the truth."

Brilliant line.

I friggin' love politics.

I wouldn't read too much into Lee-Anne's favourites. Everything I've seen of her indicates that she isn't very bright. Also, her getting kicked out of GS and referring to the DUI incident as "just a couple of beers" suggests that she's still minimizing her alcohol abuse and its implications -- as Rob is with his.

In that context, laughing at "Robbie falls off the wagon" jokes isn't intentionally hostile, just a dumb drinking buddy thing.

I'm surprised they let Rob make some kind of presentation at the TFC game, considering he voted against the BMO Field expansion and MLSE boss Tim Leiweke was openly taking shots at him a few months ago. I guess some mid-level managers make these decisions and don't run it by anyone higher up. Still disappointing, though; there are many better reasons to shun him than his BMO field vote.

Catching up late, just watched the video. I don't think he was high or drunk, I'd wager he stopped off at Timmy's for something to wash his benzo's down with on the way to Danzig. rob needs someone around him that he trusts and will truly look out for him during this vulnerable time, like brother doug or his driver to keep him focused and feeling safe (no, I'm not joking here). Left in a position to face the cameras and the citizenry alone leaves him vulnerable when he's not 100% functional; benzo's can have a "slow down" effect and slightly impair cognitive functions. Notice today he wasn't the sweaty, flush-faced pre-rehab rob ford? He wasn't stoned or drunk, in my opinion.
Also, it's extremely unlikely that Lithium would be a drug he'd be prescribed unless there's a whole lot more going on 'under the hood' than we'd ever imagined, and maintenance doses of Lithium do not change one's personality.

I'm surprised they let Rob make some kind of presentation at the TFC game, considering he voted against the BMO Field expansion and MLSE boss Tim Leiweke was openly taking shots at him a few months ago. I guess some mid-level managers make these decisions and don't run it by anyone higher up. Still disappointing, though; there are many better reasons to shun him than his BMO field vote.

Yep. I'm trying to write a polite email to the organizers of Taste of Kingsway, and I'm having similar thoughts.
I will still send it, but I definitely want it to be a polite concern and suggestion.

Ie: Is it possible to invite the Deputy Mayor, if the event needs a city official present somehow.
Is it possible to have a worthy Etobicoke citizen for an honored guest instead.
RoFo can show up as private citizen, that's absolutely his right.
It's him showing up in an official capacity that I have a concern with.

Again, I won't underestimate RoFo. Him showing up in person is still a big deal for a some people.
And at this point, it's possible that's one of his few Hail Marys left.

Hey, I will freely admit to knowing high, both from personal experience in a very misbegotten youth and from seeing shit tonnes of wasted in my lifetime. I'm especially good at identifying the people who are trying to hide their wasted because eventually you can figure out their 'tells'.

Ford's actually really good at the 'passing' part of it. We've seen the over-the-top stuff, like the murder rant video and the St. Paddy's day tapes. But on a more regular basis, like today's Danzig interview, it's been easy to dismiss his awkward interviews as, well, awkward. But once you factor in the history of drinking and drug use, you can watch countless reels of Ford talking and see the difference in how he speaks when he's on something.

When he's wasted he talks slower, a bit hesitantly, sometimes he sways, he speaks more softly and tries to seem serious and thoughtful. He mumbles or his sentences trail off. He tries to sound indifferent, instead of his usual passion. He also has a wasted auto-pilot mode (like all the good 'passing' addicts have) and you can see him visibly relax when he finds a standard talking point to rely on before going back to the awkward. He also tries to limit his exposure - either by avoiding the reporter, as he did today, cutting the interview short, or he shuts his eyes for long stretches or gets squinty and avoids eye contact as if to ensure no one really sees him.

You may know him personally JKDM, and think you have a sense of how wasted he is or isn't. And FWIW, I don't believe you're trolling the thread by questioning how we know what we think we know. But I don't really care whether you believe us or not. My own eyes and ears are good enough for me. I don't need a breathalyzer or a positive drug test to prove what I already know.

I'm no evvabeing, so I don't have a long list of examples at the ready to share with you. But if you start by reviewing the community clean up video from last year, when we know he spent the night getting wasted, then you can see a common thread in his demeanor in other daytime, on-the-job videos.

http://www.cp24.com/news/mayor-rob-ford-picks-up-litter-in-etobicoke-park-1.1246521
http://www.cbc.ca/player/Embedded-Only/News/Canada/Toronto/ID/1828025386/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vfk3Vi8BYWA&feature=youtu.be&ac

Exactly. If you compare enough video footage, it becomes very apparent when he's under the influence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back