Status
Not open for further replies.
Screenshot 2014-07-09 16.01.39.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot 2014-07-09 16.01.39.jpg
    Screenshot 2014-07-09 16.01.39.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 797
And there's the apology - 6 hours of wasted council time

Breaking news! Ford returns to council, apologizes to Ainslie.

GraphicMatt 3:56pm via Echofon
"I accept the apology," says Ainslie. Councillors applaud. This was a top shelf use of six hours.

Anyone else upset that council applauded? This is the kind of prim and proper crap I hate most about council. Press Ford hard, and refuse to accept unclear/BS, and then remind everyone that he wasted 6 hours of the city's (taxpayers'!) time because he refused to man up and eat his brussel sprouts like a big boy.

Doug wants to defend Mammo?

GraphicMatt 4:10pm via Echofon
Doug Ford has put his name on the Request to Speak and Request to Question Staff list for this item. So, um, take cover?

Doug seems to have gone completely batsh*t crazy today. More so than usual after an exposé. What are the odds there's more coming soon?

Well in the past week alone we've had the "jihadi" attacks by press and the parent of an autistic boy who he said could "go to hell", claims of blackmail ("letters" to his wife claiming he uses hookers), claiming the "shirtless hoard" are plants by Chow or Tory and that Tory/Chow supporters smashed his window. Today he's using the "there are gays on our campaign team" (akin to "some of my best friends are X"), so, what now...

They know the campaign's in trouble and they don't have much left to lose. No more leverage except their continuous media notoriety. It's gonna be all Hail Marys, all the time, from now on I bet. But desperation = sloppiness and they're just going to keep on with the self-inflicted wounds until they exhaust themselves. Think about this: how can they keep on all the way to October under the same cloud they've been under since Rob got out of rehab? I know they're stubborn but I honestly feel like the pressure's never been higher and they seem to be starting to crack. And what could they possibly do at this point to get back on any kind of course?

With Doug deciding not to run again ( for now), he really has nothing to prevent him from being what he is, a bully. Just look at all the tepid reprimands from City Council that Rob and he had to face up to for their sub-human behavior.

Well, there is a method to the madness - DoFo and allies creates a scene in council...and RoFo safely tucked away due to conflict of interest comes back and make a bare minimum apology and seemingly ended the conflict. Optics.

AoD

He actually didn't apologize for what the IC spent about an hour explaining to several dense counsellors such as Drug and DMW. Not that it matters but it's worth noting for future generations.

He actually didn't apologize for what the IC spent about an hour explaining to several dense counsellors such as Drug and DMW. Not that it matters but it's worth noting for future generations.

But that's also a gameplan - a chance to project their position and change the narrative.

AoD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back