2.9K     5 
News   May 17, 2024
 2K     3 
News   May 17, 2024
 11K     10 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
His excuse for not attending any meetings will be "I continue to have professional support with my sober coach".

With Ford, I thought rehab was nothing but a reelection strategy from the beginning so people would forgive him for the racism comments and smoking crack again. I still don't think he considers himself an addict. With that mindset it's no wonder he was disruptive there.
I think the Fords underestimated the public's intelligence and level of general knowledge, i.e., drugs and alcohol lower your inhibitions so racist, homophobic and other offensive comments are your true colours coming out, NOT just unfortunate side effects of a disease. That excuse was quickly debunked by a number of experts, although I don't expect many people other than the true fanatics believed it anyway.

Interesting speculations, what date did all this happen? On Monday May 19, Victoria Day, I was taking a short cut through the Ex Grounds and there, illegally parked in front of Musik was a Cadillac Escalade, parked illegally, at a rakish angle, in a loading zone. It was around 6 PM. I didn't know the license number of Ford's car at the time, and didn't have a camera with me.

I am by there on an almost weekly basis and there is almost always an escalade (or 2) parked in the loading zone, not Ford's.

Last month I saw an Escalade at Muzik also, and excitedly made note of the license plate. I checked online when I got home and it wasn't Ford's.

A place to sleep is right. Sounds like he went in there begrudgingly, thinking of it simply as something to endure in order to save his campaign. He didn't respect or commit himself to the treatment. He treated the whole process and other addicts there as beneath him. It was mostly a very inconvenient hotel to him: the line about watching many hours of TV and the endless stream of selfies pretty much tell the story.

Also remember whatever the gameplan is, GS isn't a first choice. The plan clearly was to shove him somewhere in Chicago, out of public sight and GS is probably a backup (of a backup) plan. This pattern of opaqueness continues - one'd think you can find some serious background info on a "sobriety coach" that is half-legit. Why no one from Ontario? Why someone from Montreal?

AoD

Also remember whatever the gameplan is, GS isn't a first choice. The plan clearly was to shove him somewhere in Chicago, out of public sight and GS is probably a backup (of a backup) plan. This pattern of opaqueness continues - one'd think you can find some serious background info on a "sobriety coach" that is half-legit. Why no one from Ontario? Why someone from Montreal?

AoD

There ought to be a German word for when you're not surprised and yet somehow still continually surprised at how low a certain person can sink.

So Rob treated GreeneStone pretty much the same way he treats his City Hall Office. A place to do whatever you want, to hell with the rules.

There ought to be a German word for when you're not surprised and yet somehow still continually surprised at how low a certain person can sink.

Heh yeah that seems to sum the feeling of watching this circus of chaos.

I'm not German, but maybe, "Roffer-Dofferr-ed?"

Damian Weston ‏@ThoughtArcade 37m
Surely GreeneStone itself wouldn't be the source of the info in an effort to distance themselves from RoFo? Surely? Surely! Maybe? #TOpoli

Interesting thought for sure. I also find the words Leon chose ("Ford's conduct and the effect it had on others," or something to that effect) to essentially say "we cannot comment" to be more than a little suspect. He had to have known he would be quoted in the article and I think this was a subtle showing of his hand.

The escalade was parked on the side road at night and gone in the day. It wasn't there as a secret stash spot for substances. McRobb was parking there so she could spend the night partying and whatever else with Rob.

One word succinctly describes everything that comes out of Rub and Tug's mouths.

ALIBOSH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back