1.1K     0 
News   May 17, 2024
 720     2 
News   May 17, 2024
 6.5K     7 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I came to the firm conclusion today that Rob Ford and his bro are delusional. I mean bona fide delusional.

Unfortunately, some seem to mistake their bull-headed delusion for confidence in their shrewd machinations. It is not. They're so high on top of their own wave that they're oblivious to the land rushing up to meet them.

Last edited:
The long game? Time's starting to run short if you want to be the one to land some sort of kill shot on this guy.
I agree with about everything James said. Agreeing to a one-on-one when you know that you were hand-picked, knowing how he schooled everyone in the last round (except MATT LAUER!!) makes you complicit in all this.

I don't know what birdie would know what ALL the various media outlets would be up to. We haven't even heard who has the interviews, AFAIK, firstly. And, as bad as today was, it would be well beyond the pale if it turned out they pre-agreed not to ask certain questions in order to get it. And, more to the point, I suspect that fact would be very quickly reported by orgs that didn't get interviews, like the Star and Globe.

It does seem impossible to knock Ford off his talking points because he is just so bullheaded and dim but surely Proskow or Peat or one of those people knows the questions to ask. You already know what he's going to say to the boiler plate stuff anyway. I confess, I keep saying I'm not going to watch next time, but I always do. Firstly because, hey, stop watching news conferences and you might miss the mayor admitting he smoked crack or talking about his wife's vagina. Secondly, I just find the man utterly fascinating. I keep thinking that next time I'll finally understand what goes on his brain. He could have ended today's speech halfway through and a lot of us would be saying he's full of it, but it still would have been contrite. But he HAD to campaign. Just had to. Couldn't help himself. Couldn't leave the podium without talking about the subway he built and the gravy train he stopped. There's never been any one quite like this guy, man.

I'm with you on at least trying to get a few kill shots in there, but you and I aren't calling the shots. While there is some level of competition there is a fair bit of collaboration at CH media wise, these people all basically have a common goal and work beside each other every day. The outlets are CBC, CTV/CP24, and I think CITY.
There is always a chance of some random admission, but one of the things RoFo's been doing while away the last while is drilling on staying on message, but with better language and only 2 repetitions rather than 3. The campaign half of the speech today was not only an offense to the first half, it was illegal. One more small thing that likely won't amount to anything, onto the pile...

from the Globe's website:
ford30to1.JPG

Bwah, ha ha ha! No, seriously, that's just not right. heh.

I'm with you on at least trying to get a few kill shots in there, but you and I aren't calling the shots.

I'm a huge fan, sno man, but assuring us the media is playing a long game was a little rich for my blood, on a hot and humid night. No offense intended. Maybe I'm depressed 'cos Rolph Harris.

Last edited:
from the Globe's website:
ford30to1.JPG

I'm assuming that's A. Massoudi in the bg looking vexed (or oblivious) while the pro-Ford loogans get a semi-beat down from Blue Shirt? Love the Swiss Chalet keffiyeh, though.

That smug son-of-bitch has left me speechless with disgust. I. Just. Can't.

I'm a huge fan, sno man, but assuring us the media is playing a long game was a little rich for my blood, on a hot and humid night. No offense intended. Maybe I'm depressed 'cos Rolph Harris.

Fine call it the safe game then. The game isn't to"get" Rob Ford, as much as we would all like that to be the case.

[video=youtube;DUmMyBinljM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUmMyBinljM[/video]

Pauline Bloody Hanson. Bogan (Boganess?) Supreme. This video must be her wishful thinking. Didn't have the heart to post a link to her appearance on Dancing With The Stars, cuz it might give RoFo post-CH career ideas.

But you don't need to scrape the barrel with Hanson. The current PM will do nicely, thank you. Tony "Mad Monk" Abbott is another rump-right bizarro left over after John Howard's government got trashed a few years ago in favour of Labor (Kevin Rudd, then first-female-PM Julia Gillard, then KRudd again).

Before his recent trip to visit US President Obama, budgie-smugglin' Tony wanted to get together a posse with Stephen Harper to convince Prez Barry that there is no such thing as climate change.

Abbott & Harper want to scold another world leader for not following circa-1980 Reagan gospel on environment issues. WTF? Who are they, the Worldwide Right-Wing Police?

ETA: thanks for the groove Sublime! I wanna testify too! :)

Last edited:
I think it's this guy: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_McMillan_%28politician%29

He registered to run in ward 18 today.

It's "Hang 'Em High Jim", the perennial election candidate, aka Aaron Abraham and other names going back to the late 1970s. He campaigned in favour of capital punishment in 1979, hence one of my teachers coined the nickname for him. Around that time, land near our house that had formerly been used as a brickyard was being prepped for development and a large crane was repeatedly raising and dropping a large weight for days, which resulted in quite a bit of shaking of the houses in the area from the vibrations. My dad spotted Jim one day with one of his kids in tow, going into the field to seek out the crane operator, baseball bat in hand ranting about saving his house.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back